Glowforge is Real!

Oh no! I wish you a speedy Glowforge replacement!

I have a tracking number for a new one and it should be here on the 24th pending any weather delays. Let’s hope this one doesn’t get treated like a soccer ball or shipping pallet by UPS.

3 Likes

Speaking of treated like a soccer ball. My med size suitcase was crush and bent with a wheel missing from my flight back from Vegas to Vancouver. Airline replaced it with a brand new one no questions asked but seriously… how?! It’s a very sturdy suit case…

1 Like

Congrats!

I just relocated Beamer to our new house last night. The poor fellow is still in the box in the Dining room.

dunno how long he will stay there. have to get the house on the market before I can come up for air.

I’ve seen bags fall off of a baggage cart and then get run over on the tarmac during loading.

and of course:

3 Likes

One bag, carry on only :smile:

The only time I check a bag is when I’m bringing my scuba gear. The airlines are touchy about dive knives and spearguns.

2 Likes

If you ever had to use those on a flight, I’d think the flight had bigger problems. Blub blub.

1 Like

Scout motto - Be Prepared :smile:

I had a nice hard case samsonite…one flight and all wheels, handle everything ripped of, scratched and torn to bits, probably got stuck between some rollers and conveyor belt. …all they would do was 150 bucks…

1 Like

Hahaha… With all the shopping - I’m surprised I didn’t end up with another suitcase!

Mine was Samsonite too. They are really good and really sturdy so how in the world it got destroy like that… must have really took a beating. What only $150?! Westjet actually replaced mine with a more expensive model - really good service IMO.

Toss what you brought in favor of bringing more stuff home :slight_smile:

I try to buy small/thin stuff (jewelry, silks, etc) so they pack small. When I’m on vacation I will bring another flat packed backpack inside my bag so I can bring stuff as a carry-on with the my regular bag.

1 Like

Today I find out if the second one sent to me works and is not broken. UPS is supposed to deliver it between 1630 and 1830 today. I would really like my wife to be able to use it at least.

1 Like

Careful… With you gone for a couple of months, she might change the GF into her BF.

4 Likes

Well it showed up in one piece and is out of the box but my wife has other things to take care of so I won’t know if it actually works till this weekend.

1 Like

My wife finally had time to set up my Glowforge today and it is working like a dream. First two things we made:

8 Likes

Lovely results! :grinning:

1 Like

So I learned today that operating the Glowforge from 500 miles away works great with one exception. I loaded an image, for it all setup to engrave and cut. My wife was on the phone so I asked my 12 year old daughter to go push the button and watch it via face time with her. About three minutes into the engrave I here my wife walk in talking about smelling smoke in the room. She had disconnected the vent hose(I forgot that she had told me that) so it was just smoking up the room and my daughter just thought it was normal!!! Needless to say my daughter and I both learned a leason today(ensure vent hose is connected and venting outside) Luckily my wife likes the smell of burning wood.

7 Likes

Whoops! :smile: