Glowforge Launch Anniversary

Took me till Nov. 18 to join the forum, and a bit longer to feel comfortable enough to engage.
I may have gone 2 days without visiting the forum since.

9 Likes

Sept 29 for me. I can’t believe it’s been a year. I can’t wait to see it in person next weekend!

8 Likes

I am really glad that we have the forum. I have learned so much and have been inspired by so many here over the past year. I joined the forum right away but have just been mainly reading things in the background. I hope to be more active from here on out. Can’t wait for my Glowforge!

8 Likes

October 11 before I found the forums. I don’t know if I’ll celebrate or pout that day.

4 Likes

Thanks all. It kills us that we don’t have your lasers to you yet, but boy, do we love having you all around. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

October tooth is my day of excitement…I saw the add and BAM…I be buyin…never crossed my mind about waiting…( as in…no biggie for the wait.) want the GF, but am sure I will receive it…and then "WATCH OUT WORLD "…nuff said !

4 Likes

Wish I could join you guys with one year but I had some trepidation as well as some massive vet bills to get out from under (turns out nero/spinal surgery for a rabbit is not that inexpensive) so I was not able to have the cash until April

But grats to all you that did get in super early

2 Likes

Oct 2 is our anniversary (for both the order and forum membership) too! We found out about it on 9/24, but chose to wait a bit to see if our desire to have it stayed strong. Clearly, we still want it!

3 Likes

I’m an October 2 baby as well. I try not to make a habit of throwing a couple thousand dollars around without thinking about it for a few days.

5 Likes

Oct 1st for me. Joined the forum on the 2nd.
Ha, just realized I’ll be at maker faire checking out the Glowforge on the anniversary of ordering it. :smiley:

3 Likes

Hit my ordering anniversary today. Anytime I do any long activity I always break things into percentages and once I pass halfway I’m convinced I can finish anything. At this point, it’s about 80% of the wait done (assuming December shipping), so nearly the home stretch. :smiley:

3 Likes

Wow – one year! I had been trying to figure out a use case that would justify purchasing a small Epilog, when I saw the buzz stirred up by the crowdfunding announcement.

We had just finished remodeling our basement and was moving furniture back in. When we broke for lunch, I showed my wife the video. Her next five words were “We have to buy one!” So we did. :sunglasses:

Found the forums pretty quickly, but didn’t contribute until 10/10.

6 Likes

Meh…I’m a very patient man.

Spend a full 7 - 10 days a year, from sun up till sun down, sitting up in a tree, or on the ground, perfectly still, in 25 - 35 degree Fahrenheit weather, through wind, rain, sleet, snow, and sometimes blinding sunlight, climbing up and down a mountain in the dark each day to get there, waiting for a deer to come by, and it will teach you patience.

Do it every year for 30 years, and you will be able to teach patience to others.

:relaxed:

7 Likes

I do the same and enjoy more than just about anything else, but put me in a grocery store line and in 5 minutes I’m ready to pull my hair out.

7 Likes

any update on the time of delivery?

1 Like

No change yet.

Thanks

That is almost my exact story minus the home remodeling. When I knew my wife was on board it was a no brainer!

Just got my anniversary badge!

3 Likes