Glowforge Organizer Side Trays

So many people in this community have been so generous with their ideas and helpful support. Recently, someone shared a link for Box-o-matic - I LOVE the APP! Thx to whomever shared it! Not only have I been able to create boxes but have used it to make trays to organize my desk, my studio, and the top sides of my Glowforge.

I like to have things at my fingertips - especially wipes and honeycomb pins! Today, I created trays to keep what I need on my Glowforge. Even though it’s very simple, I think it will help to keep things close while being able to move everything quickly if I need to.
Since, I am so appreciative of the community, I am sharing this file. This is my 1st time sharing a file so I hope that it works - please let me know if the file works (also, please let me know if it does not work - then I’ll have another challenge to conquer ).

There’s a 15" x 6.5" tray with 10 compartments and 4"tall & 3" tall “pencil holders” and an 8" x 6.5 " tray - I cut 2 of them. I use 1 to move my box parts or ornaments to my assembly table.
I used 1/8 mdf. It measured .125 with my calipers.
I set the “kerf” of the trays and pencil holders at .004, giving them a snug fit to lightly glue and snap together easily.
*Please only use this file for personal use-do not sell this file - Thanks!

Glowforge Tray 4 compartments export
Glowforge Tray 8 compartments
Glowforge Tray short pencil holder
Glowforge Tray 5" Tall Pencil holder

Hopefully these files will import right into the Glowforge - my 1st try at sharing.
To Download: On a MAC desktop - click on the image of the file while holding the control key. Then Save As to your computer.
(I’m not sure how to do it on a PC, Chromebook, or iPad) if anyone knows, please share :slight_smile:

Box-o-matic link is in case you want to give it a try yourself - ‎Box-o-matic on the App Store

Again, nothing fancy - you can pretty it up yourself, if you want :slight_smile:
Cindi

108 Likes

Very nice. Thank you.

1 Like

Thx! Could you try to download it and try to upload to your Glowforge, so that I know that i saved it correctly to share? and then let me know?
I would really appreciate it!

1 Like

They download and open ok, but the text has been removed according to the interface.

Wow what a life saver I’ve been looking and trying to design something like this but with no real lock. So I would really like to say Thanks again I will start this as soon as I can, I’m tired of stuff being all over the place.

2 Likes

Thx dklgood - yep- I asked the app to remove text so people would not accidentally print it- thx for trying it! I’m glad it works for others

1 Like

I hope that it works out for you- I kept knocking all of my stuff off of my Glowforge- it was getting frustrating. :blush:

1 Like

Nice mix of tall and short boxes. Thank you!

2 Likes

Very useful. Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

Thanks for the share! Very practical cut!!

2 Likes

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

You’re Welcome :slight_smile:

You’re very Welcome :slight_smile:

You’re very welcome :slight_smile:

Nice share. Thank you!

1 Like

You’re Welcome :slight_smile:

Fun. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thx, Your’e Welcome!

Thank you

2 Likes

I have been doing common cuts as one cut, not two separate cuts. Makes the cut time much less and eliminates the chance of the joint not matching when done. The time saved is one thing that is an improvement - the accuracy of the joint is the other.
Be sure you modify any drawing by erasing the tabs on one side, so that the tab cuts are not doubled

1 Like