Glowforge people

How many of you nay sayers have visited the Glowforge “US” page.
Reading the resumes of the Glowforge staff should help those stomach butterflies fly in formation.

6 Likes

heh, not a naysayer, but I haven’t looked at that page since October. Whole lotta new folks since then!

1 Like

Wow, lots of folks working on the Glowforge. Glad you created this link.

1 Like

Yes. It is pretty impressive a group. They are fairly shy in the forum, but I do understand that they are very purposeful. I hope they are getting a good rest and know we are rooting for them.

Impressive team!

“Autodidact”- added to my vocabulary.
I will much prefer to describe myself with that instead of “high school dropout”!

7 Likes

Is David Koenig related to Walter? There is more than a little resemblance. I’m a big fan, so this is meant as a compliment. I keep having these visions that suggest that GF tech is somehow going to make transporter/replicator technology a reality, so this coincidence is more than a little thought provoking. I am sorry if I just freaked anyone out by sharing that.

1 Like

I’ve got to work that into regular rotation. I usually say “I have a erudite education” to mean the same since I never got to go to university but that has not stopped me from reading their books!

2 Likes

Yes! Erudite doesn’t describe me, I may have a body of knowledge a mile wide, but it’s a half inch deep!
I was impatient and undisciplined. Joining the Navy “to see the world” was much more appealing to me than more school.
Later I realized you never get out of school…

Ironic, because now I have a burning desire for science. All of it.
Great age to be alive, when our new global communications network will deliver all of it with a button push!

Very timely post @lcronkite! Well done!

3 Likes