Glowforge Pro any videos in use?

Thanks I may need to look into another machine. I am not sure what a CNC is but I will google it. Is it easy to use? Sorry :slight_smile:

Think of it like the laser, but instead of a light beam, you have a spinning router bit. It’s more like a traditional woodworking tool with all the sawdust etc, but the computer is driving it around.

This link should get you the gist.

https://www.google.com/search?q=4x8+cnc+router&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi339vtlqHkAhUNVN8KHZRqCMQQ_AUIEygD&biw=1920&bih=888

1 Like

This isn’t the greatest video demonstration of a CNC, but it shows that if you get one large enough you can make the sign and the house around it. If you have Netflix, watch Season 10, Episode 2 of Grand Designs.

I believe he means a CNC router (or a similar larger cutting/engraving machine). CNC just basically means that a computer controls the movements rather than you doing it manually. The Glowforge is a CNC laser.

FWIW, don’t sell yourself short. While some of these things may not come easy to you, you are perfectly capable of learning if you choose to do so. Many of us on here assume that we can figure it out and keep working until we do. There’s not a lot of magic there. Just a stubborn desire to make it work.

As for your business, I hope you find the right tool or a creative workaround that works for you!

The advantage of a laser is how small it is. With a CNC the smaller the bit the slower it has to move and the radius of the bit is the minimum radius it can do and the diameter the narrowest cut so side by side cuts will have a little cliff that will need to be sanded out and overlapping engraves is a little smoother but take twice as long so that much that is possible with the laser is not with the CNC, The one big advantage is that you can get them as big as the sheets of material as you can buy and with multiple passes even cut one inch material, but the price of such machines is pretty daunting also.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.