Glowforge Pro, Bought in May. Huge issues

Anyone have trouble with their $7,000 machine stuck on “centering” or “homing” with basically zero support from the company? Do I just return it? I’ve read a few threads and have tried a few things, but I’m not going to do anything that voids the warranty. So far this has been an expensive, underwhelming toy… I can’t use it for serious production with the problems I’m having.

Sorry you’re having trouble, I’ve always found Support to be very helpful. Have you eliminated WIFI as a problem point and/or tried the many suggestions in the forum for the homing issue?

1 Like

There was a problem with a bad batch of lid cables, and that might be what your machine is experiencing. (If that is what it is, it’s fortunately an easy fix.)

There are some steps to eliminate other causes here that you should run through while you wait to hear from support, and let them know the results of the tests:

1 Like

Yeah I’ve worked my way through those.

So I’m wondering if this is the issue. Because I had a similar issue about two weeks ago and support had me reseat all of the connections to the lid. That worked at the time, and is not working now.

Yeah, that might be it. I don’t know for sure because I can’t see the logs, but it might have been close to failing and finally did.

Support can tell from looking at the logs I believe, so just sit tight till they see your thread here. They can get a new one for you if that’s what it is.

Hello @josh15,

I see you also emailed us about this issue and I’ve sent you a response there. To avoid duplication, I’m going to close this topic.