Glowforge Pro Passthrough

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket option to make the Passthrough accommodate thicker material?

2 Likes

Other than cutting a hole to enlarge the rear passthrough, no. Obviously, that would invalidate any remaining warranty.

7 Likes

What @dwardio said. In some cases people have used the passthrough to engrave on a thin layer like a veneer and then glued that to a thicker substrate, like a thick wooden plaque or something.

Of course it would be really dependent on what you’re up to.

6 Likes

You can try the “Magnet Trick” @MyDogsThinkImCrazy is an expert on that one!

Jonathan

3 Likes

That is a “pass into” sort of situation, not a true passsthrough, but it does open up some possibilities. You still have the rear slot to contend with.

7 Likes

I am well versed in this and I this assuming that you are not trying to cur the thicker material, correct? You are wanting to just engrave a longer thicker material?

2 Likes

I feel like I set a bad example but yes, the magnet tick is amazing. It is a good example for those who are competent enough to build their reading time and actually understand the risks they take. In the end, having a closed lid is far from the only thing I have convinced my ‘side GF’ that I am “responsibly” doing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

we admire you for thinking “outside the glowforge box”
you are never a bad example!

Jonathan

1 Like

pass through with thicker material.

Still need a bigger hole in the back