Glowforge servers OVERWHELMED right now

Is anyone else having difficulty getting their connection to the GF servers? Such a nice day to be creative without an outlet. :glowforge::pensive:

3 Likes

yes. i just opened a support ticket. hopefully someone is available to look at it from GF right now. i have a stack of kids drawings to engrave at the maker faire today.

3 Likes

Yep, canā€™t upload any files or use any I already had uploaded. Wonderful.

1 Like

Yeah, the app says Iā€™m ā€œofflineā€ even though the machine itself is up & running.

offline can just mean wifi issues, but with everyone elseā€™s problems, it may be related.

I think the Google cloud is having difficulty; Iā€™ve had a couple other widgets start complaining about ā€œcloud services are downā€

1 Like

I was having a tough time about 20 ago, but up and running now. Hope you guys are too.

I just had a Trace operation complete successfully, which is a cloud-compute function that should have failed at the slightest provocation, so at least some of their servers are back up?

1 Like

still just getting unexplained errors or ā€œfocusingā€. :confused:

Google Compute Engine is currently down

1 Like

I just got paged, and Iā€™m not on call today. Interesting times are upon us.

7 Likes

Well get down there, unplug it, and plug it back in again! :sweat_smile::cry:

7 Likes

Thatā€™s my core competency! But there are many people turning the cloud on and off again, so it should be working again soon.

5 Likes

My compute engine on Google cloud is doing fine. Its zone is US-Central1-a.

App opens fine. Havenā€™t booted up the Glowforge though.

2 Likes

Maybe the cloud needs to be salted with silver nitrate! :laughing:

4 Likes

Nope. Still not working here. Been lucky, pretty much the first time ever for me. Unexpected Error on the already uploaded Target Symbol. Canā€™t get simpler than that.

1 Like

Welcome to the age where most companies use other companies computing platforms to function. I was standing the middle of a Home Depot and my phone was getting messages about work things falling off the planet and was unreachable. Before I got to my car I got 3 phone calls asking what was going on.

3 Likes

From Google: We are experiencing high levels of network congestion in the eastern USA, affecting multiple services in Google Cloud, G Suite and YouTube. Users may see slow performance or intermittent errors. We believe we have identified the root cause of the congestion and expect to return to normal service shortly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.