Glowforge shipping date, beta releases, and bonus materials

I’ll take the 12x15. PM’d you

1 Like

I am off of Ferrell Parkway in Kemptsville. I have received another inquire for the 2500mW 12 x 15 inch laser engraver. So the 500mW 6 X 8 inch laser engraver and a MakeBlock XY Plotter Robot Kit (working area 310mm × 390mm) with Laser Engraver Pack (500mW) are available.

I also have a MakeBlock mDrawbot Kit (makeblock.cc/mdrawbot-kit) with the 500mW Laser Engraver Pack that is available.

4 Likes

You may want to remove your phone number in that post and PM it to him.

8 Likes

I agree and was surprised when Chief’s phone number showed here and in his profile.

4 Likes

I must say @bailey was really on top of this. Glowforge has a great team.

4 Likes

Hi Dan,

Yes I’m hanging in there through the Delay.

I don’t know if you folks thought about this. One thing you might consider to ease the pain for the folks centering entire business operations around this would be to consider offering a discount on the second purchase in the future. I envision my GF to become very busy. then what? a second unit would be called for.

I had anticipated the July arrival(because as an engineer I know making things complex isn’t simple. :slight_smile: ) and we’d be fully operational in time for Christmas enabling us to potentially recover a significant portion of the cost of the unit.

At any rate a discount on a future second unit might keep the natives happy.

all the best gang. I am looking forward to an awesome piece of equipment. and my daughters haven’t even been told of the delay.

chris

7 Likes

Something struck me last night, not sure why, but with all our focus on shipping the pre-orders, I am wondering about that. Glowforge is scaling up not just to ship 10,000 3D printers, but many more after that. So far this forum has minimally engaged in the next level of marketing and production. I can’t recall off the top of my head anything from Glowforge that has been pushy about getting more people to buy Glowforges.* Even the referral link discussions have been miniscule. Not making any conclusions other than I am edified that this forum has been about mutual support and learning and not about marketing.

*In fact, @dan is more likely to invite people to ask for a refund rather than encourage someone to buy a Glowforge.

6 Likes

My guess, although it’s just a guess, is that they want to tread very carefully with the timelines for delivery. At least for another several months. Right now the plan is to ship everything ordered thus far by the end of march 2017. So if someone ordered today, they’d be getting a machine (more or less) in April 2017, which is a long lead for something that’s ostensibly in production. If I were them I would wait until pre-order shipments had started before pushing the next set of customers to buy. Maybe a push for the holiday season, for people who understand that a machine won’t actually be arriving in time for their holiday. (Although GF could do a nice business sending out ornaments and nice little lasercut replicas.)

4 Likes

19 Likes

I would have to agree with you on this. I sit here and read the forum, from time to time. Not like I should I know, however, every time I allow myself to get excited, my forge slips away with what excitement was there.
I also see a lot of automated replies to the refund inquires. I understand it takes time, but…

2 Likes

"This impressive engraving will make you smile."
That statement made me laugh. :smile:

4 Likes

I am as mad as anyone else about this delay. Actually, I am really totally pissed off. I bought this GF for a small company of mine (already in business) and the $2.5k is a huge amount of money for the company to pay and not get any ROI on it for over a year. This hurts my livelihood which stings real bad. With this said, @dan does not seem like a guy who doesn’t want the people who backed him from day one to be a part of his business anymore though. I am sure GF will be making plenty of money in the future. @dan is running an enormous business but seems to treat it like a small business in terms of his care for each and every person who backed him.

Some people are making irrational comments on here because they are upset about the delay. It is OK to be mad, but not OK to let that lead to speculative gossip and character attacks.

15 Likes

I feel Like I should fly over to your office and give a hand. Maybe some fresh new ideas might help. OK being silly there. I wish the Glowforge staff the best. You have a big job to, and I’m sure you want it produced even more than we do. In the words of that poet laureate Mr Guy “Git’r Done”. So we all can breath easier. I’m not backing out. Great job to all who are working to give us the best they can.

3 Likes

Though it is late for a response…all I can ask is…How is she doing now ?..and wish and your family Happiness and Peace.

Stop it your killing me…roflmao !!! :joy:

1 Like

Thanks. One month in and there is no cancer detected now. Looks very good.

22 Likes

That is fantastic news…send her my best and happiness and peace to all !

2 Likes

As a designer, I totally get that, but the designer only gets usually maybe a half of what they actually charge… Glowforge should eat most of their profits on that as a concession in my eyes. This power supply and all the other issues was something they should have probably worked out a little further before they brought the crowdfunding campaign. The first person that commented on my post stated that they had outside initial funding and didn’t need our cash… and I get that if that is the case… so maybe they should have done MORE work and research before they released this thing that has been delayed over a year in getting to us. Basically, I am just bitching and it won’t help me or anyone else. I feel better that I got it off my chest and my thoughts are known to Glowforge. lol Carry on…

5 Likes

Realistically, it probably won’t work that way. At least in my experience, I’ve never ever once seen it work that way. The commission to the designer will be on the actual sale price, not on the normal, not-discounted price. If glowforge does a 50-50 split with designers, which if frankly more than I would expect as a designer, then they’ll split the money actually coming in 50-50.

2 Likes

What is the cut off date to receive the bonus materials? Or is it for anyone that preorders