Glowforge shipping date, beta releases, and bonus materials

Super love this :heart:

6 Likes

The best part is I’m currently on an airplane! Heading home.

Some might say I’m… Shipping up to Boston!

… I’m practicing my lame dad jokes.

7 Likes

Wow that’s truly amazing.

So do you like gladiators movies?

4 Likes

Have you ever seen the video…“The Devil came up to Boston” ?..caution…Bad Words…lol :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

That song is in my iTunes playlist… Love it (since I am currently sitting in Boston)

3 Likes
4 Likes

The video is Hilarious …what with the accents and all…I’m in Gloucester…Mass.

1 Like

Cool, so far you and @Joe are north of Boston, and I’m west (Needham). We will definitely have to have some meet ups.

3 Likes

I thought the devil went down to Georgia?!

5 Likes

look that was a last minute trip because he’d gotten way behind and was willing to make the earth move to get that deal completed ok. never heard the end of it.

5 Likes

i’m in Haverhill

1 Like

I like the Toy Dolls’ (UK) version:
“The Devil Went Down To Scunthorpe”
(no idea about the fan-made video, I just like the version of the song)

1 Like

@dan
hello Dan

it’s been a while since the last delay in deliveries, and I’m unsure what bonus materials and offers you said we’d be getting for sticking it out.

Purely from memory, it was the $ amount of Proofgrade materials and maybe a promo code for Inventables. Can we please get an update with the current bonus tally?

And in a related issue, as an international customer, the Inventables offer really isn’t worth whatever it would cost you to me, as I will lose a significant part of any amount to a large international shipping fee. I was wondering if we could barter it back to you for a larger amount of Proofgrade stock shipped with the Glowforge?

I can’t remember the dollar value of the promo materials that come with the unit but that hasn’t changed.

The Inventables code is for $50 credit at the store, it’s not actually cash. As an international customer though, you can offer it for sale on the forum here…several folks would be interested in buying the code from you at almost full price.

4 Likes

I believe this is the update you are thinking of where @dan mentions the incentives to stay around. See the section titled “We’re paying you for waiting, plus more”. The Proofgrade/Design Catalog gift certificate increases by $20 per month. For orders in the first 30 days of the crowdfunding campaign, that’s from December so that’s up to $80 as of today.

2 Likes

that looks like the post, yes. thanks for the update.

the main reason for my suggestion was to try and get a separate, discrete post with that information so that it is all in one place for those of us who have lost track, also to have it put up by Glowforge so that we have the solace of an official update on this item. preferably with a projected total.

i never expected cash. i live in Australia. international shipping US to AU could easily eat half of that voucher.

the reason i asked if there were other options is that rather than trade on forum for cash, i would rather have $30 - $50 more Proofgrade materials sent out with my purchase. who can’t use more raw materials?

basically anything that might get me a better return on what they are already offering.

If I just Pre-Ordered a glowforge today, will I still get the $150 in bonus materials as well as the $50 credit for the store catalog?

2 Likes

Hmm interesting question since they have started to ship.

Just going to tag @Rita to see if she can clear this up.

2 Likes

I’m not a Glowforge employee – and for that reason, I’ll flag @dan and @rita – but pretty confident it doesn’t count. You’re not pre-ordering if you place a new order today, for two reasons:

• The pre-order pricing has been discontinued, and you can now only get full retail pricing.
  • Glowforge has officially moved from the Pre-Release phase into “Now Shipping” phase.

Bonus materials and perks were offered for those who chose to keep their pre-orders without cancelling after an announced production delay.

6 Likes