Decided I would start a thread with some ideas Ive thought of lately for the GF software after using it for a while.
- a quick invert option for those times when you want to engrave on acrylic instead of wood. (Black -> white and white -> black)
- a mirror option to reverse the image you are engraving. Very handy when engraving on transparent materials.
- NUMERIC ENTRY. X, Y, scaling, rotation. Be able to always see these values and to change them.
- align to the soft limits of the cutting area.
- in the print dialog(while something is printing), show each step and how much time each one is, along with the settings, and how much time remains on that step.
- (this goes with the last item) once a print has started, allow a user to set a stop point after a certain step in the process. Many times I start a cut/engrave/score etc only to realize I will have to stop it after the first step to make a change. So I have to stand and watch it waiting for the exact moment to open the lid. Being able to set a break point would be nice.
- illustrator plugin and dxf support
- primitive shape tools (polygon [n-gon], ellipse, star/gear mod for n-gon)
- An Organizational system for files: folders, tagging, etc.
- more file meta. (Date, size, number of times run, last date run, etc)
- paging, sorting, tagging, searching of said files
- a file download button for each of the designs you’ve uploaded. Sometimes you lose an original file or want to modify something on another computer, or even email it over to someone. (Obviously not for things from the catalog unless given permission)
- A column in the design section (right side prefer.) that shows all the last jobs that were run with all the settings, positioning, scaling, etc. You can click on it to open up the job as it was before to run again. Very handy when your browser crashes or windows installs updates and reboots your computer overnight.
- A versioning system that detects files that have the same name and keeps them all in the same place. Instead of having your design page littered with older versions of the same file, just have one icon that can expand if youd like to get to an older version. Any time you upload a file with the same file name it just adds it as a new version of that design.
- a share button for designs. Give the option for number of times they can use it, whether they are allowed to download it or not, reshare, etc.
That’s all for now. Would love to hear if any of you have any additional ideas.