Glowforge Software

Hello everyone,

I’d love to see information on the official program of the Glowforge.
Maybe see screenshots of the software and in-depth explanation of what was in it.
If you can download it at all would be great.

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

you and the rest of us! Unfortunately they havent made any of that public yet. However, units are supposed to ship in the next few months, so maybe soon!

2 Likes

As far as I know there will be nothing to download. It’s a web based system. You use your own design application (Illustrator, Photoshop, Inkscape, Fusion 360, etc.) and the output file in an acceptable format is uploaded via a Glowforge web page. Processing is done in the cloud and commands are sent to your Glowforge unit. That’s it. Might be a simple plugin to applications such as Adobe illustrator just for convenience. (of course the web page will allow settings such as power, speed, material type presets, etc.) edit: just remembered that it said pretty much the same thing in the Glowforge FAQs

“Glowforge is compatible with JPG, PNG, PDF, EPS, & a host of other file types. You can create files from a variety of different software platforms like Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, Autodesk 360, & Sketchup. We will offer integrations with some applications like Adobe Illustrator, but you can always upload files directly to our cloud service to have them printed to your Glowforge. There, it will automatically interpret them in a way that makes the most sense (engraving bitmaps, cutting lines) and show you a preview of the results. You can drag the images around on your material to position them where you want them. If you want even more control, you have the options of experimenting with settings like speed and power.”

2 Likes

Also if you look for a few if the posted videos on YouTube, you can see GF employees dithering around at public events and open houses.

1 Like

I currently work with two Universal lasers units…I really hope there will be a manual override for those of us who are familiar with laser power settings… I’ve read in some posts that its interpreted in the cloud…
I hope its not just plug and play only… @dan share to shed some light on that?

He’ll have to give you specifics but has said several times in the forum that we will be able to set and save power and speed presets.

1 Like

Yes, you can set speed and power directly if you’re so inclined.

3 Likes