Glowforge spark engraving

Does the glowforge spark engrave on mason jar lids

3 Likes

A black one like that? Probably, if it’s not too tall. The support pages should be able to tell you how tall your items can be.

6 Likes

Yeah here’s the official word:

From

10 Likes

Thanks I just got mine today so im learning i appreciate the info

8 Likes

If it’s just too tall you can also remove the metal grid and put the lid on the bottom of the laser, that’ll get you another ~1/4" of clearance.

Post pics when you’re done, I’d love to see how it looks with the silver of the actual cap showing through the black paint.

5 Likes

Not to self-market, but this design from the Catalog will give you a quick and easy way to see if a material can be engraved with the tray removed:

Even though it mentions the Aura, I actually created that design on my Spark. :wink:

Good luck!

5 Likes

I messed up a few tops but I’m getting it together. I couldn’t get it to show up on my gold and silver lids though still trying to figure that out

8 Likes

For the lite colors metals you can try a “laser marking spray” While it won’t make the GF engrave into metal, the spray will help capture the energy of the laser and almost print onto the metal.

I use it on some projects with metal and glass

5 Likes

Thanks for the gem @duey2k

2 Likes

OH well done :slight_smile:

Or go the opposite route and pick up a can of whatever colour enamel spray paint, and then engrave it off just like you do on the black lids.

BTW, if you up your LPI it’ll slow down your engrave, but make it much “cleaner”

4 Likes