Glowforge Stamp Maker - New Premium Feature

There was a blurb in the latest e-mail from Glowforge about the new premium feature for a stamp maker. Not a lot of info, but it seems that you engrave on acrylic to make the stamp. Just wondering if anyone has done this yet and how it turned out. The quick video shows thick acrylic. Just wondering if the medium acrylic would work too.

2 Likes

Yeah, some of the beta testers have played with it. Medium acrylic should work just fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would love to start getting some settings and an actual tutorial. Hope that is coming soon!

1 Like

Settings are already there for PG materials. Non-PG settings are and will always be left to us to figure out by testing, since there’s no way for GF to predict what they will be. As for tutorials, they’re over on the Support website. There are also a TON of user-generated ones here in the Tips and Tricks section. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you I will go check!

1 Like

Sometimes medium acrylic will warp from the heat depending on how much material is being removed to make the stamp.
I have used acrylic to stamp with and the results vary depending on the image chosen and the medium you use to print with. Acrylic paint works ok. The trick is getting it on the stamp evenly. I think actual water based printing ink would work great.
Design matters a lot. If there is a lot of flat surface area to ink up, you probably aren’t going to have good results. Smaller, thin lines will typically work better. Using good paper matters too. Cheap copy paper will not do. Thicker, card stock type paper is better.
It’s a lot of fun but will probably take two or three tries before you start to get good results.

5 Likes

15 Likes

That looks great! Is that two 1/4” acrylic?

What does it mean by ‘padding’ on the settings bit for the stamp? Is that the depth it will be removing? I’ve never tried stamps before, so when this new feature appeared I’m keen to give it a go!

1 Like

I made one with rubber stamp material from Amazon. Works great!

8 Likes

I just sent you a message :slight_smile:

1 Like

We can only discuss non-PG settings over in Beyond the Manual. That said, I bet if you do a search on that section you can find some settings already posted. :slight_smile:

Are you going to sell the stamper svg?

The Svg of my logo? Or do you mean custom svgs?

sorry I meant the part where you attach the stamp. I could use block of wood but am looking for a handle.

It’s in the GF design catalog “universal stamp handle”.

5 Likes

Hi, What setting did you use?

The forum rules prohibit discussion of non-PG settings outside of “Beyond the Manual,” but the good news is that if you do a search over in that section you’ll find settings others have used. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.