Glowforge starter toolbox

glowforge%20starter%20toolbox-01

I SHOW THIS SIMPLE BOX THAT I BELIEVE CAN BE FUNCTIONAL.

I DO IT WITH BALTIC BIRCH PLYWOOD 1/8.

• ENGRAVE: SPEED “600” / POWER “80”
    -CUT: SPEED “220” / POWER “FULL”
57 Likes

Welcome and thank you!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Great idea on your box, thank you for sharing your work!

3 Likes

Fabulous design idea! Thank you for sharing with us.

1 Like

Welcome and thanks for the file.

1 Like

Thanks for the file! Here’s a hopefully-useful bit of Discourse-fu…

If your svg displays microscopically, take a look at the Markup code that was generated when you uploaded it. Right after the filename (in the square brackets) you’ll see |42x20] – your original is quite small, but there’s an easy fix – just edit that line so that it reads |420x200] or even |40x20, 1000%]. This will scale the image up to be more visible. If you increase the size of vector strokes, the lines will become more noticeable, too (the GF doesn’t use stroke width for anything).

glowforge%20starter%20toolbox-01

Again, thanks for the share and enjoy your GF!

7 Likes

What’s that blue thing? :grin: hehe

Thanks for the file!

4 Likes

thanks!

Great idea to store those GF bits! Mine are just scattered in various places.

2 Likes

Ha ha - great box - they should replace the Gift of Good Measure with this!

Tip for everybody, for something like this that occasionally needs opening I just extend the top tabs slightly so you can get a grip on them. Ideally with a little rounded corners so the bits that stick out are not sharp.

3 Likes

Great tips of course but I have also noticed the tendency of the forum software to make the design appear very light so I would also personally recommend making the vector cut lines a dark color (black) to start with and then other colors for other processes. This is just my opinion of course and others may have a different take.

Thank you.

Hey!! I completely agree on this!!! Because the first thing that happened when I was setting my machine up was Turned my head for two seconds, and my 18 month old was trying to get in on the action and she grabbed the little lens changer thinga-ma-jig… and well the rest was history! It took a very soft landing (really extremely soft landing) onto my desk and busted the magnetic piece into 3 magnetic pieces! And I have dreaded ordering a new one, because there isn’t really a place for that little guy to go. Except to sit on display in front of a nosey 18 month old and 3 year old. Saying " grab me, throw me, eat me, flush me!"

3 Likes

Thank you @carlos.h1990 !! Love this and the idea of organizing the “bits”. Just getting started. So I created it from the draftboard. To play a bit with importing images for engraving, I created a top image in Canva and imported. I was too impatient to wait to get the birch plywood suggested. Although I am sure it will come out better that way. What do you suggest for glue to hold the pieces together? Here’s the image I put on the lid so I know what is inside (instead of a mystery box).

2 Likes