Glowforge updates: the road to production

If you are talking about a Mac Classic (OS9) emulator, I have had success with SheepShaver. It’s a long time since I’ve used it, though.

No, early OS X.
Before the Intel switch.

Hmmm. I wonder if PearPC http://pearpc.sourceforge.net/about.html would work for you. I have not used it, but it is supposed to work with 10.3.

Crowdfunders NEED TO KNOW… will you please give me my Super-Special-Ultra-Awesome-Chocolate-Coated Super Laser Thingy by Christmas 2016 if I Ordered it October 25th 2016??? PLEASE!!!

2 Likes

Regardless if you meant to put Oct 25th 2015 or truly meant Oct 25th 2016 (future date), you will still be slated to get your GlowForge March 2017.

Unfortunately we had to draw the line somewhere, and that somewhere is midnight the 24th, so no - I can’t guarantee we’ll do that.

2 Likes

Damn, I ordered October 25th '15. I figured since I got the earlybird price I was in the December delivery group. Hurmph.

1 Like

I think we are realitivly close (I am 30 min outside ABQ). I was pretty early on the pre-order. If I get mine first, you are welcome to come play.

3 Likes

I’m a bit further up here in Aztec but may be we could make room for a day of fun.

2 Likes

Being on the border should not mean much of a difference in delivery date. Last I heard it is not running in waves or batches, and the moment all orders from the first 30 days are out, they begin on the remainder of orders.

1 Like

I see four possibilities. 1) The GF are continuously produced so you would get your unit one day after the last of the initial deliveries in December. 2) The company has planned a built in pause to assess quality before starting the 2nd wave, so it might be March. 3) A contractual issue with either the manufacturing facility or parts suppliers require a stepped delivery process, so it also might be March. 4) Dan is unwilling to promise anything more than the two announced deliveries because everyone and their brother will be asking for a refined date, so your guess is as good as anyone’s.

7 Likes

@rpgregg, if this post from @dan is accurate, it seems to say that the 10,000 pre-orders are “easy” to fill, but that GF will be planning to tweak things based on our feedback and “keep busy” until the second round of deliveries in March. shrugs I hope that might help.

my personal approach to this is “Prepare for the worst, hope for the best” and “expect the worst so you can be pleasantly surprised if it happens the way it should”

7 Likes

Now I got the elements song stuck in my head again.

Yes thanks. I had seen that. He doesn’t actually say that there would be a pause after December. Might imply it, but I’ve learned that many of Dan’s posts are slightly less than definitive. Doesn’t really matter to me because I ordered the first day.

8 Likes

Everytime he posts one of these I have to go back and check to see if I’m in or not. I didn’t make the first day but I was before the 25th. I just keep forgetting for sure and need to recheck :grinning:

5 Likes

I do the same thing! It’s always October 8 every time I check :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

“Take a look at your desk. We’re guessing it doesn’t have a laser on it…YET! That’s right, we’ve just received and processed your pre-order from Glowforge.”

Embarrassed to say how many times I have rechecked that email…

9 Likes

Ha ha ha! Thanks a lot! Now you’ve all made me wanta havta go look at mine again, too. Whew…I’m safe. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I just did the same thing and reaffirmed first batch shipping.

1 Like

As usual, @rpegg hits it on the nose.

Please let me clarify: the question I was answering was “can you get the shipper to ship 10,000 things in December, when it’s busy”. That is relatively easy. Actually building Glowforges to ship to you not easy, and consumes our every waking moment.

24 Likes