Glowforge updates: the road to production

From O(n^2) to O(n)… Nice! That sounds like a considerable amount of work and rewrite!

Good work, and thank you for the update!

2 Likes

Thank you Dan, that is very, very reassuring. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you Dan for the update. It’s great to hear how things are progressing. I am confident that when I receive my GF it will be all that was promised and more.

1 Like

thanks for the update!

1 Like

Sleep is overrated :slight_smile:

Plenty of time for that when we’re planted 6 feet under.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update!

1 Like

You’d be surprised how often it’s not a large rewrite that fixes your complexity but the right team member who sees a problem just a little differently or fixes a critical small section.

7 Likes

What a great update!

Any word on proofgrade materials and how they are shaping up?

3 Likes

This is exactly what we needed. A good “shot in the arm” to help us get through the lonely nights waiting for the day that our Glowforge will come home to us. :slight_smile: Thanks @dan

3 Likes

Thanks for the update.

1 Like

This is way more of an update than I had dared to hoped for. Thank you for taking the time out of your already incredibly busy life to put this together for us. I have had no doubts that eventually we will get a great product, but at times I have doubted my ability to stay patient. This was a boost to my patience and willpower, so for that, thank you!

5 Likes

Best comment on this thread.

11 Likes

I second that

1 Like

Thanks for this update! Sounds very much like the cycle that all start ups go through, regardless of the industry…tons of unexpected things to find & fix & come up with creative, working solutions for each one.

Very much like growing the business here at the company I am still at…I miss that part of it!!

1 Like

Dan if you weren’t married and I weren’t married… well let’s just say a simple thank you will have to suffice :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you so much @dan for taking the time to write this update! We truly appreciate it.

1 Like

Great question! We’re iterating on suppliers to make sure we can get both the right formulation & the volume of orders we need.

16 Likes

So what’s the most popular in house proofgrade material so far?

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the update, Dan! It sounds like solid progress and the normal crisis:complexity ratio of any successful hardware project. This was very reassuring to me, and I look forward to seeing the fruit of your labor. IN MY HOUSE. :smile:

8 Likes

Thank you for the update @dan.

Your transparency on even the smallest issues is refreshing and one of the main reasons that I am in this for the duration.

3 Likes