Glowforge + Wedding = Awesome :)

Yeah, the whining noise, ugh! We can hear it throughout our house, on both levels. Plus, the smell of burning wood, etc. sometimes can take awhile to dissipate. Can’t have windows open with this Texas humidity and heat!!!

We’ve discussed building some type of “box” area for it and insulating with something, possibly having a friend put in their spray foam. They make one now that is paint-able.

1 Like

A majority of the fan noise comes from the air intake. I had some left over thin mousepads from my old company and put them below the GF and the noise was significantly reduced. Airflow isn’t restricted :slight_smile:

Im putting together a post covering how I reduced the Glowforge noise to be quieter than my air purifier with off the shelf components. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You got that right — I better put my wedding date way out there to get extra time to get things done. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah our GF is in the family room (just stairs and open air separating the floors). I can’t hear it from the technology room upstairs, but my son’s bedroom is on the same floor as the GF and he will give us a heads up of when he is going to bed.

1 Like

Thanks! It was a great project, but I really wish I had more time, there were a few more things I really wanted to do :rofl:

wife bought a window vent. Sets in the window, blocks things from coming in, you hook vent hose from the GF to the vent, and, well, no more smell.

Putting it on some vibration dampening material, like mouse pads, now, that’s pretty genius! Going to try that myself!

1 Like