Glue for earring studs

Hi! New here, and wondering what glue is best to use for adhering the post to the wood stud?
Thank you!!

2 Likes

I’ve never done earrings but for stuff like this, there is E6000 if you have a well-ventilated space and a good tolerance for the VOCs, else wise, a good 30-minute epoxy.

4 Likes

In my experience of bonding metal to wood (from RC days, not jewelry), the best solution I found was to roughen the surface with a light sanding, then use JB Weld (not JB Quick)…

Note that if you are using Proofgrade finished materials, you will need to sand the bond area as well to remove the finish.

4 Likes

Second the E6000. Makes sure you rough up both surfaces with a bit of sand paper, wipe away any dust, adhese, then let it cure for a whole 24 hours. The waiting part is where most people have issues with it coming off, so make sure you do the whole 24, or even 48 hours to be sure.

4 Likes

This product is beyond FANTASTIC!! After you place the glue hold it down for 20 seconds and it is set.

5 Likes

I use E6000 to put earring posts on wood cuts. I use it mostly because it’s forgiving. It takes 24 hours to cure, but in that time you can take it off and move it around a bit. Also, if I put too much and it goes around the post, I just wait an hour or so and it peels off like rubber, so I get a nice clean post every time.

8 Likes

Thank you! Is there a reason you prefer the gel Goriila over just the Gorilla super glue?

1 Like

I have never used just the plain Gorilla superglue. I like this one because it is thick and it takes a small amount ——also sets 20 seconds.

This is a different type of product and you will have to read the instructions. After you use the product make sure you wipe off the bottle tip.

You will also have to puncture the bottle tip go down an inch to break the seal again and again and again ——-every time you use the product. I use a sharp awl to puncture the tip of the bottle.

1 Like

I’ve used E6000 for many years but have recently started using DAP Rapid fuse. It seems to work very well and very quickly. They have it at Home Depot.

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.