Glue recommendations for JPPlus faux leather + wood?

Anyone have a recommendation? I am experimenting with layering the JPPlus faux leather on ply and before I waste any more material, was just wondering if anyone had a recommendation. :smiley: I am totally new to working with any kind of leather (faux or not lol).

Would contact cement work?

1 Like

I assure you it would. Seconded.

Iā€™d use contact cement if you want it permanent, rubber cement if you want it reversible.

Contact cement fumes are no joke, ventilate or do it outside.

4 Likes

I use Hardman Double Bubble Orange epoxy for gluing wood to leather. It comes in ā€œsingle-shotā€ packages to reduce waste. It has a 3 hour work time, and cures in 18 hours at room temp.

I buy it here.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s actually nice. Contact cementā€™s biggest issue for me is that it grabs on and has little to no open time. Once itā€™s on itā€™s ON.

On the plus side it has almost no cure time.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m old and twitchy. Sometimes I need a few tries to line things up correctly. Hardman has other epoxies with tighter work/cure windows, but I think Orange is the most effective for gluing wood to leather

3 Likes

Ohh Iā€™m super allergic to epoxy! I switched to using crystalac for tumblers etc (itā€™s nontoxic). I can try that but I have a feeling it wonā€™t work. I havenā€™t ever used contact cement! (And rubber cement not since middle school maybe hahaha)
So no super glue, right? I have some star bond that I havenā€™t opened yet.
Thanks for your help! I love this place!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.