God Bless America! - UPDATED with Wood Base

I have found that for some adhesive stickers, simply soaking a sponge in hot water, and setting it on the adhesive for a while dilutes and softens the adhesive to the point where I can use a magic eraser or scrubbing sponge to remove.

2 Likes

Would scratch the acrylic though, no?

One of those green scrubbing sponges? I doubt it. They don’t scratch anything that I know of. They are designed for silverstone and scratch sensitive surfaces.

Ooh, I was thinking Mr. Clean Magic Eraser…

You should not set the focus for your material with Proofgrade material - it will prevent the autofocus from working. [quote=“nunzioc, post:38, topic:6892”]
The protective paper sticks pretty hard to the acrylic, and can be a little tough to get off everywhere, especially in the small, scratchy engraved sections.

And it can leave a film of sticky residue, even if it looks clean. I went to wash off my fingerprints with soap and water, and that is when the residue made its presence known, with a vengeance…
[/quote]

Please report this as a bug!

5 Likes

Hi, not sure if you saw the part about how it was not recognizing the pg barcode; I had to manually input all the settings. @marmak3261 had the same problem, and he let support know, and it’s on my list of things to notify about, too :slight_smile:

I’ll add the strong adhesive issue to the list as well…has anyone else experienced this?

Also, does anyone know what the correct depth setting should be, then, when inputting manually for 1/8th acrylic engrave? Is 1/16th no good?

Ethyl lactate can be a pretty decent solvent and it’s biodegradable - breaks down into ethanol and lactic acid in the presence of moisture.

2 Likes

You can click on the screen where it says : Unknown Material and then load the settings for any of the Proofgrades

6 Likes

Only some of them. It says “Recent Materials” but the only PG that I have ever used was Maple Ply and it’s not even on my list.

4 Likes

Yeah, I think I had the same issue; not appearing in my list…

1 Like

type the word “maple” in the slot to search for all the maple settings.

3 Likes

I take that back. You can search for the PG of your choice by typing the name in the search box.

edit: too fast

5 Likes

firsties! :wink:

8 Likes

Not fair. I’m in a Brewery right now. Lucky if I could spell (or say) Maple.

9 Likes

Enter the actual thickness - 0.11" for the proofgrade acrylic, if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much a glorified sponge. I wouldn’t expect it to do too much to acrylic, either.

Oohh, no way, have you never used it? It’s like super fine grit sandpaper…I think it would scratch acrylic pretty badly…maybe I’ll see if i have some and do a test

With masking I generally put it at .118. Without masking it is about .11

I have not had any problems with the masking on the acrylic not coming off. Yes, it was a pain to take off the spirograph pattern that cut it up so much. I got some Gorilla tape today so we’ll see how that works. That’s strange.

And the 1/4" Proofgrade acrylic that didn’t work a few weeks ago registers just fine now. Interesting stuff here.

That’s when you are engraving from the back, right?