Gold foil and laser cut menu

Understood! “Seemed like a good idea at the time”…

2 Likes

We have that same press, we call it theWindmill. (Just about every print shop I’ve ever been in - 20-30 in the last 20 years - has one. Tough machine to kill.) I’ve ran it a few times (years ago). Pretty intimidating knowing it could kill you and would just keep running. We never did foil. Used it for numbering and die cutting. No ‘print’ on it these days, but still does die cuts and scoring for us.

Nice work on the piece.

1 Like

That’s always the way it works. I usually get absolutely, positively, checked it a hundred times, let-it-fly ready to do the “production” run of things, make one and let it sit a day. Then I let a few people see it unrelated to the project. Letting the universe cook like that seems to highlight those ooops items.

(And it helps that I used to edit in-depth product reviews so I tend to be a bit AR about spelling & grammar. But now the wife & kids share that trait. Pays off when I hit the “go point” of readiness at 2am and I force myself to wait a day and get their sage counsel.) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m sure you should see some of the Government forms that I have to ignore. When I asked about the typo’s I was told they’ve always been that way. Plus we use copies of copies of forms…

Thanks for showing the process you use. And again love that press!

You and Steve3 must be pretty well acquainted after 25 hours of printing wedding menus. Seems like it was well worth it!

1 Like

impressive!

Love this!!! I’m a graphic designer and wanted to get into some unique and custom event stationery as well as custom family greeting cards. I’ve only had my GF (I call mine BigSean) for 2 months and paper still scares me a little. I don’t want to try it before I get a fire extinguisher LOL. May I ask what type of paper did you use and your cut settings? I have about 10 designs waiting for test cuts.

Welcome to the forum. The original post for this was three years ago, and this person may not currently be active in the forum. There are quite a few posts, however, for paper and cardstock settings if you use the search function. Here is one: Somewhat Comprehensive Testing of Settings for Cutting Paper and Cardstock

As for the foil, that was not done with the Glowforge if I am reading the post correctly.