Gold Honeycomb Box

Another design I came up with, I absolutely love it. I love the interlocking cover. Included my prototype too. I’m realizing the GF likes pieces grouped by color so calibration stays in check.

84 Likes

That is beautiful! Did you use gold mirrored glass for the interior?

2 Likes

Thank you! Gold Acrylic!

1 Like

Sweet! I may have to design something similar for my father. He’s a beekeeper and we’re visiting him in a couple of weeks.

3 Likes

Very cool design!

What a great design! Love how the lid connections are integrated into the honeycomb! :grinning:

2 Likes

Super cool design you have there and the gold acrylic looks great

Very nice looking! Can I ask about the size? It’s hard to tell… Did you cut all the sides in one “job” or were you able to make pieces fit “perfect” even though they were printed in separate jobs? ( What I’m wondering about is whether size/scale accuracy is high between separate print jobs. I’m thinking “yes” since the first project is the GF ruler… )

1 Like

It’s 7" by 5.5" or so. Everything fit perfect, each panel with each cut out was grouped by color, I found that when it moved to the far left front corner, calibration would get messed up.

1 Like

The gold acrylic makes it sweet as honey.

1 Like

Gorgeous! Very well done

Very nice!

FYI, it’s against forum rules to ask for files. If the creator wanted to give it away free they’d post in Free Laser Designs, and if they wanted to sell it they’d post a link to their store. Otherwise, just be inspired by what you see in Made on a Glowforge :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

As mentioned above, files are not to be requested: Please see the forum discussion of this topic:
https://community.glowforge.com/faq

Beautiful!