Gold Inlay on formed acrylic dome. Success!

Mouth watering.

3 Likes

Wow! I am stunned. This is so beautiful!

2 Likes

Omigosh…this is simply stunning! And, as others said…your shop is incredible…and very tidy, I might add!

3 Likes

Entirely too clean. If he were like me, there would have been a cleaning session before the pictures.

@Brotron, where lives the laser? Thanks for the pictures, I really enjoy seeing the work shop areas of others.
Great acrylic work BTW!

6 Likes

If you feel, I don’t know, like maybe starting another thread with a mini shop tour, I for one certainly won’t object.

Totally not obsessed with other people houses or spaces or anything.

It’s just too perfect, I suspect if they pan the camera around we’ll see a load of dead bodies stacked up or something?

7 Likes

There is a place Here to show our spaces.

4 Likes

I mean I didn’t want to really do any work today anyway, so thanks for that, looks like I’ve got about a years’ worth of other people’s places to analyse!

3 Likes

Add this to “things I will never do, but appreciate the hell out of it” file.

5 Likes

Well no dead bodies, directly behind me would be the metal welding table with the tig, mig, and plasma cutter underneath and the drill press.

This is where the car is supposed to go? ridiculous, this is where I keep my tenuous sanity.

Its in my office right now which “is” a mess, but we are remodeling the house so I have an excuse. I’ll pull some shots together and post to the workspace thread when I get it all done.

9 Likes

Entirely too true, but I know for a fact that one of the writers from the Simpsons has a completely necessary life size concrete statue of the Lawgiver from the original planet of the apes movies, he probably wrote that :laughing:

1 Like

Sorry all, I tipped them off and they’ve moved the bodies, don’t worry we’ll catch them next time!

Seriously though, what’s that hanging from the sugical lights in the middle, that looks like it’s hooked on and do they work and how did you get them?

1 Like

Variable speed rotary tool with a flexible shaft. Yes they work great, totally positionable and if you turn the housing at the back you can adjust the beam width. Originally from a dentist office then to a salvage yard then to a friends loft and then to me. They were separate lights and I welded up the ring mounting to hold them. Don’t get me talking about tools.

7 Likes

OMG that’s awesome! I love it!

And like everyone else… serious workshop envy!

2 Likes

Ok… now that’s the coolest thing I’ve seen. Setting a pretty high bar.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

You know, I’ve been thinking it would be really cool to have a glowforge founder meetup somewhere. I think we just found the spot…

6 Likes

I could needlepoint that on a pillow… but I have a laser.
The plaque will be in my garage before I sleep tonight.

4 Likes

Wow, truly impressive!! The only time my shop was that clean was when I first moved in LOL

7 Likes

Way too cool!! I want one of those!

1 Like

Looks amazing!! Amazing shop too!

1 Like

Are you, like, Ironman or something? This acrylic project as well as your workshop are the coolest things I’ve seen in many a day!

3 Likes