Gold Mine

Oh man you must be overjoyed with this, it’s superb!

1 Like

I have watched that effect at Skycraft more even than the train store a few miles away. The train store has fabulous stuff but none of it unexpected or rarely available, Skycraft has some things expected after many visits, but many are rare and last on the shelf an hour or less as well. There is, among other things. a large chunk of wall of everything LED (even before there was internet).

3 Likes

wow. stunning detail. and then the roof came off and I lost my mind…

3 Likes

Totally awesome

2 Likes

Wow that Skycraft store reminds me of a Radio Shack on steroids!!! I definitely bookmarked their website.

I have never built anything complex that would require a trip to Skycraft. I would love to learn but I do not even know where to start.

I have wired many dollhouses and roomboxes but that is really easy.

3 Likes

The story is they got started dumpster diving at Cape Kennedy though most likely buying from all the companies selling scrap and surplus there. The ceiling is a museum of rocket casings etc and the top shelf behind the counter more such exotics.

Unfortunately the turnover is such that most is sold instore only, so if you are ever traveling to Orlando area that should be a high priority side trip. I had a great deal of trouble getting out of there for less than $100 but have a lot of stuff like Velcro in such excess I won’t ever have to buy more.

There was a time when there was a huge stack of circuit boards of every description, so folk that could know what they did just by looking got spectacular stuff, if not you might get a sound card or something.

3 Likes

It has been many years since we have visited Florida but Orlando does have two of my favorite Florida places. Boston Lobster Feast and Ron’s Miniature Shop.

1 Like

There are a few places near Disney that have “all you can eat” that includes lobster but I was only at one as it was $25 a person a number of years ago. I did eat 14 lobsters, but it was more than I would normally spend for dinner per person.

1 Like

You are not alone

This is unbelievable. I’m amazed by your creation. The detail and beauty of it all. It’s “so cool.” It’s beautiful.

Michael

1 Like

Simply AMAZING!!! You are very gifted!

1 Like

Impressive @timmystreehouse !

1 Like

incredible work!

1 Like