Gold Mine

The first model I tried to build for my train set last year was a mine building (I think it’s called a “stamp mill/house”). I used a CNC Router table to cut it so details were a challenge. I liked the building but always felt like I would redo it. This week I did. Using the laser, I was not only able to make the structure but add interior details as well. I doubt the inside is entirely “accurate” as I really don’t now what’s inside a mine, but it looks like a mine to me, lol! Now to try and get it to fit in the old spot…

I’ll attach a couple of pics of the “old” one and a bunch of the “new”.

Chain, barrels, figures, tracks, ore cars, and styrene dowels were store bought. Everything else was home made. Drawn in Illustrator and cut from .125” MDF, .06” MDF, .06” acrylic, and scrap book paper.

With store bought details added…

The old…

78 Likes

I love the interior details. It definitely has that early industrial vibe.

7 Likes

That is, once again, amazing. Both the old and new are fabulous!

5 Likes

Wow! Just WOW.

so my next project is to cut 4 tabs to mount the magnets to hold my new microwave’s trim piece in place.

think for small rectangles with 2 holes for screws in the one end.

I think I will just go sit in the corner and cry for a few minutes. LOL

18 Likes

:heart:
No crying about practical cuts! Practical cuts are fabulous…maybe not pretty, but useful

4 Likes

Beautiful work - and your painting is perfect. Now I’m thinking there are probably towns that still have buildings like that, maybe broken down, but intact. I bet you could find some interior shots :stuck_out_tongue: How deep do you want to go down that rabbit hole?

5 Likes

Again, this is GREAT!

4 Likes

Just magnificent! I’m in awe of your talent.

4 Likes

Wonderful detail! Man, a laser was just what you needed for your craft!

3 Likes

That is just fascinating. Such beautiful work and great attention to detail. I would not have the patience or dexterity for all that (my swear jar would be full from the pieces I broke trying just to peel the masking off!)

5 Likes

Blown away by your work - again!

3 Likes

Wonderful! What fun!

4 Likes

More stunning work!

3 Likes

Always epic!

3 Likes

These are so cool. I really need your help building things in “No Man’s Sky.” :slight_smile: My bases all seem to look like huts.

4 Likes

well that is generally true. but when I originally ordered what came to be known as BEAMER, so long ago I had great plans for the creative items that would spew out.

here I am how many years later, and there simply hasn’t been much spewing. Makes me sad.

4 Likes

How cool that you can view the interior!

3 Likes

At one time many years ago, Knoxville had 3 train stores. I remember visiting the stores and watching the older male adults act like they were 10 year old children on Christmas morning.

2 Likes

Is that a game? Can you attach a pic of one of the bases you want to build?

LOL! We have one train store left in our town that’s been there sense the 30’s! And the adults still act like that. :wink: It’s called the “House of Trains” and of course I want to make a model of it, lol.

2 Likes