Gold on Black acrylic cutting

The materials came from Inventables. It’s Euro Gold on Black Laserable Acylic ,1/16 inch thick.
I’ve done some work with this material but not as good as I want. I have to think that someone on this forum can help me.

The Glowforge doesn’t cut all the way through the acrylic. The engraving is ok.

I hope someone can give me better settings for this. Thank you.

Rich

3 Likes

A similar product is included in the Glowforge spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sWOebDU94HwezYPbHa3YdtXjpLbEl_vEPvCb1dSByL4/edit#gid=582951492

Eh, spreadsheets are guesses.

The right way to do it is to test:

2 Likes

Yup, testing is the answer. The GF can cut it just fine.

Thanks for your replies. I have some acylic to test on. Rich

2 Likes

Rich! I thought I recognized that avatar. So nice to hear from you again. I hope you have been enjoying your Glowforge all this time.

2 Likes

Yeah, great to see you here again! Welcome back! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Jules and Cynd11. I have been off the forum to long. I did remember your avatars also.
I’m making a lot of wood, leather, and acrylic. I did find the correct way to cut the acrylic…
It was easy, just use the GF setting for medium black acrylic, then for engraving, use DRAFT quality engraving. For me, it works just like I wanted.

I’m really happy to see you so active on the forum. Rich

1 Like

Tried to escape a while back and damned if they didn’t drag me back in. :smile:

Show some pictures of your projects if you ever get the chance, I’d love to see them.

1 Like

How about on Made On Glowforge? I have a lot of things that I’ve made in the time off the forum. Rich

1 Like

Go for it! :sunglasses: :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.