Golf cribbage board prototype #1

A project I’ve been working on for over a month. My husband and I play a lot of crib, and he loves to golf, and it’s his birthday at the end of this month.
Enter Glowforge.
This is prototype number 1, so you get a blurry picture :laughing:. There’s many things I will change in the next one, but I was so tired of working on it, I didn’t care anymore and cut it out as is. I’ll give you all some clear shots on 2.0.
Aaaand, I can also be super impatient…as I couldn’t wait until the end of the month to give it to him. He loves it! I got the response I wanted, and we immediately sat down and played a couple of games. I skunked him the first hand. Oops!

30 Likes

Very nice. I’ve also made a few cribbage boards with the glowforge and there design sure can be tedious. Your board is very nice and the square holes are a nice touch. I assume you made your own pegs there as well. I’ve always bought the pegs and just did round holes but I like this style even better. Did you use colored acrylic for the track and the inlay or is it all wood?

2 Likes

Lovely! I love the bridge over the water trap :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Tedious. Very much. I manually placed, and adjusted every. single. hole. I got the square idea from someone else here, which I also loved, so I can make my own custom pegs and not have to buy them.
The three bottom green layers are painted draftboard. The top wood layer is cherry. The green track is acrylic.

2 Likes

That’s our favourite too! And the pegs live in the water.

3 Likes

That looks amazing! With all these Cribbage boards, I may have to learn how to play. I want to make one now. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What he said! ( I was literally typing up the same thing!) :smile:

3 Likes

Looks awesome! There’s something about Glowforge projects, they make you giddy and it’s so hard to wait to give something.

3 Likes

You know…the whole great minds. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Makes me wanna learn the game. :smile:

2 Likes

That is fantastic! I love cribbage but don’t get to play it often.

2 Likes

Are you selling this file by chance?

2 Likes

Welcome.
Gentle reminder. Forum rules do not allow asking for files - even for sale.

2 Likes

I don’t mind the question at all :slight_smile: And actually, I am going to have them for sale once I fix the problems in this one :slight_smile: They’ll be in my etsy shop…which, I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post it here. PM me if you’d like it.

1 Like

You’re totally allowed to post your Etsy link :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am so sorry…very new to the forum, no excuse I know. It won’t happen again. Barb

3 Likes

just about everyone has done it at least once. no biggie :smiley:

3 Likes

Yep, it’s ok! I’ve asked in the past too.
And if you want to keep an eye out for the file (because I will most likely forget to tell you once it’s done), my Etsy shop is www.roseofsharondigital.etsy.com.
:blush:

1 Like

Adorable! It reminds me of a putt-putt golf course.

1 Like

As James said, no big deal - Welcome to the community, glad you joined us! :sunglasses: