I thought for my last post here I would share the contents of my “One last question. We want to do better Can you please let us know the reason you’re canceling?” message.
Apologies in advance to the fellow who will be losing the $100 referral credit from me.
I have had enough of being strung along and hung out to dry by a company who’s marketing strategies come across just shy of shifty and dishonest. With each announcement of yet more delays, I have asked myself how the heck did it take them until the time when my order should almost be shipping to realize that it would be yet another 6 months!!? That is the strung along part. It is impossible at this point to have any assurance that my Glowforge will ever show up for whatever imaginable reason that may present itself two weeks before the last shipping estimate. How am I to know that there will ever be Canadian certification? You have asked me to wait two and a half years, you have offered no solid facts for how we are to do tube replacement, oh boy is that going to be a not pleasant surprise for everyone??
I have lost valuable time furthering my creativity and profitability with tools that I do not have, and yet you do not even offer a solid verifiable valid reason fro the additional massive delay while everyone else in the US gets their orders, original order queue being in my case of absolutely no relevance and my email asking for some solid reasoning is ignored. Did you really honestly have no idea during the last two years of strategy building and product development that there might be some issues shipping my Glowforge to190 miles as the crow flies from your head offices to your nearest neighboring country, or were you just stringing me along the whole time!?
Conveniently, you are actually saving a pretty penny on this sale by my cancelling. & referralls credits left and all the promised stuff I get for waiting for the end of eternity for my Glowforge to materialize is now back in your pocket. Yup! Mightly convenient indeed!
I can no longer trust you and am investing in a cnc router to work with until at whichever point I either find your NAME to be trustworthy and reliable or I find a competitors product that is equally intriguing.
Perhaps as show of good will for me selling 11 (-4cancellations) units for you, putting up with this crap for as long as I did and giving you a sizable interest free loan that looks good for your investors, perhaps you should consider giving me a discount of at least $1000 redeemable any time in the next 5 years in the slight chance I should ever want to give you my business again. Until then, it’s goodbye!
Please do try your best to get my money back to me without any last second 360 turn arounds on refund policy, unforseen circumstances or intentional, uh, I mean international hiccups.