Today we are quarantine celebrating the virtual graduation from kindergarten. We didn’t have a graduation cap, so last night we measured his head circumference which I think was 22 1/2 inches, did some pi r squared math, made a circle, then a box, then a couple of copy and pastes, two rectangles with smaller boxes glued to the end as finger joints, some non-messy to clean up living hinge, late night spray painting, and assembly today. I think it came out pretty ok for a makeshift cap.
Now if I had made finger joints for the living hinge to fit into the top of the cap, that would’ve been extra points, but I just wanted to knock this project out.
If you are interested in this please make it, improve it, post some pictures!
I used 1/8 inch ply.
gradcap.zip (26.0 KB)