Grandkids flowers in vases

This was my first “real” project. There are some things I would do differently if ever doing it again. I’m having a real issue using design software so it is mostly based off of my own hand drawn images. All in all I am pretty proud of it! I’m hoping to improve with some kind of design software since I have millions of ideas!

42 Likes

That is adorable!

9 Likes

This is very creative and a great result for your first “real” project. I can’t wait to see what you produce as you become more adept at using design software. Thanks for sharing.

9 Likes

Looks great!

7 Likes

For your first “real” project to be 3 dimensional is no small feat! I’ll second @rappee25407 on being excited about what you will make once you learn a software better.

11 Likes

Nicely done! The great thing is you learn more with each project.

5 Likes

Nice idea!!

5 Likes

Thanks all for the encouragement! I just have to say the idea was originally another Glowforge owne’rs. I did ask her if it was okay if I attempted my own version.

2 Likes

Impressive! Especially without software mastery.

3 Likes

Thank you! I tried for about a month to figure it out on a couple of different programs and two days before I needed it finished I remembered there the trace feature. I googled the flowers and found a neat tutorial on how to draw them. That was fun since I’ve always loved to draw. I ended up drawing all of it except for the base shape and the little flowers on it. The biggest issue was the fact I had way to many images on the left when I downloaded it and just had to ignore them. The vases weren’t as smooth as I would have liked since it was all freehanded.

2 Likes

Looks great

2 Likes

Very cool design—I think you nailed it!

2 Likes

Agreed! :+1:

2 Likes