Grandson Train Set on Glowforge

That is astounding… to say the least.

4 Likes

I’ve been to Golden Spike National Historical Park, and I have to say you’ve nailed this! I can imagine many reenactments of the wedding of the rails on these tracks in the years to come. And the storage chest is brilliant! Well done.

6 Likes

That is beautiful and amazing! My grandfather was a wood worker, I am now close to 50 years old and still have what we made together (a bassinet for my dolls). I am sure your grandson will cherish this for his entire life and pass down to his children. Great job making memories and leaving a legacy for makers in your family!

8 Likes

I really love how you did the track switching! Amazing work all around, but that train is beautiful!

6 Likes

Just WOW!

3 Likes

Just wonderful! A gift that will never be forgotten! Beautiful!

3 Likes

I see what you did there…
:rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

That my friend is an amazing piece of work! a lot of work!

3 Likes

Amazing job!

3 Likes

That is absolutely Bananas…There is nothing more valuable than your time…I can only imagine the Focus that was necessary to complete this…Great Job…

4 Likes

Pretty epic.

3 Likes

This is wonderful and you are amazing.

2 Likes

This is such a lovely project!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Just a terrific outcome.

1 Like

I think this is absolutely the best thing I’ve ever seen a Glowforge used for - fantastic idea and execution.

1 Like

Wow, working switch-stations at the turnouts? So cool.

2 Likes

This is epic. Great job.

1 Like

Wow! That truly is a work of love!

2 Likes

I truly believe your grandson is going to be awestruck for a long long time. Awesome work and a very beautiful out come of a 8 month journey. I believe you have creatated a timepieve which will be handed down to a few generations of your family. Excellant work my friend excellant.

1 Like