Greeting card using copy paper settings

First time I’ve used the new copy paper settings and it worked beautifully! I used some colored paper with a different colored core. The inside part was just printed out on my regular printer and glued inside. I have engraved on paper before, but it was some time ago and with settings that I had to figure out for myself. The preset ones now available are great.

45 Likes

Pretty cool!

3 Likes

Wow…that turned out great and looks better than store bought. :blush:

5 Likes

Very good job! I haven’t bought a Birthday/mother’s day/ valentine card in 4 years. I’ll have tot ry the different color core stuff.

3 Likes

Oh, that contrasting core card stock is the bomb!

4 Likes

I think you’re okay. Rita announced it on the 28th in the P&S section.
(Great effect on the card. ) :+1:

5 Likes

Missed that update! A lot of cool stuff in that one, so glad you brought it up :grin:

4 Likes

Nice cards! I like that dual core paper. That has so much potential!

3 Likes

Looks fantastic!

4 Likes

That looks great! A lot faster than using the Cricut!

2 Likes

where do you get cardstock like that? I can find colored but not colored core.

well i guess i need to pull some of my duplex card stock out and do some testing.

large paper companies make “duplex” card stock, which is essentially different color (and sometimes finishes) on each side. the two most well-known are probably french’s paper and neenah.

normally you can only get them at large quantities (they’re designed more for professional printers). but there are a couple of online stores where you can buy smaller quantities. i’m guessing they buy overages from printers who had to order a skid of paper and didn’t use it all. even in smaller quantities, they’re not cheap and there are still minimum orders.

back in the day (like before the dot com boom went, well, bust), you could order samples from a paper company and they’d ship you 10-20 sheets. i used to have a pretty good stash from that, but it’s mostly depleted now. it was great for little one-off jobs. i’d get 10-20 12x19 sheets of something cool like red/white and print personal business cards on it and cut them down by hand.

I’m positive I bought it on Amazon, but I can’t find it anymore. This is what I used;

I did find this which is similar, but mine is an assortment

Also saw this;

4 Likes

Lovely turnout! Great project!

2 Likes