Guess the project!

Ok so here’s a teaser for the current project I’m working in cutting. I’ll update the post and title once it’s complete cut and the project is together.

For now though for some nightly entertainment while I cut out 20 of these, well 40 really since this will be double stacked, let’s start the guessing game.

A hint…
It’s not rolling pin ornaments!

8 Likes

Balloon animals?

Oh creative! Not quite.

Here’s more progress. The top layer is the top section.

While I’m waiting @Jules, I just ctrl+c/ctrl+v in the GFUI to fill my space since it’s scrap. Though now that its engraving and not lined up, head travel has posed a GFUI question. Does shift+ctrl v work yet in the GFUI like it does in our old versions of AI?

1 Like

I’m not sure…but don’t think so. (Pastes right on top, right?)

1 Like

Correct. That way I could just nudge it to keep it in line in the GFUI

1 Like

Just checked…no, doesn’t do it in the GFUI. Nada.

1 Like

Ehhh, oh well. Maybe one day. I set full sheets up in AI anyway, but it would be nice to have for scrap pieces.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Time to take the masking off all these little pieces too while everything cuts.

I can tell it’s a food holiday tomorrow, it’s quiet on the guessing game :rofl:

3 Likes

:thinking: Plumbing… pipe shaped holiday display cards? (Don’t be cutting the PVC in the machine though.)

2 Likes

Not quite. I did finally finish cutting though for the night! Tomorrow while waiting for food, I’ll be taking all the making off and deciding what color to stain everything.

I was going to guess toilet paper holders, but the last picture threw me off.

4 Likes

Fish display

3 Likes

Ok… 2 of the little pieces fit in the thank you thing to make it stand… on the toilet bowl???
Does the round bit of the small piece clip on a pipe?

3 Likes

I love it! Unfortunately not though.

It most definitely is a display piece, but I’m afraid it would only be able to hold a baby shark. And cue music!

It doesnt quite clip, but it does hold a barrel shaped, well cylinderic item.

Pictures coming soon. Since we didn’t work today, and we work 10s starting at 7am, I decided to be lazy and be thankful for sleep!

4 Likes
1 Like

Hahaha love that movie!

All the masking is finally off and now I need to decide how and what color to stain everything.

2 Likes

And here is the purpose…

My brother bought 20 different hand turned pens and rather than struggle trying to make the settings work for all the different types of wood and get the logo to fit I came up with the idea of making the stand, which he approved of.

Or else I would have to change settings for zebrawood, bocote, cocobolo, mahogany, Roman olive wood, osage orange, canary wood, schedule, hickory, lignum vitae, paduak, and Chechen. Plus account for the two different size pens :roll_eyes:

15 Likes

Ahhhhh…nice pen stands! :grinning:

1 Like