Guitar #4 - Püπk ®0çK -- or my CBGB's edition

WARNING

This project uses Vinyl that will cause damage to your Glowforge and to you personally.
Parental discretion is advised.

This aint no mudd club… or CBGB’s I aint got time for that now…

I think its time to embrace my inner Punk.

3 Likes

My idea is to have a tribute guitar to the Punk Club CBGB’s - It was a major punk rock club in the 60’s and 70’s and was said to be the birthplace of punk rock, and the launching platform of the talking heads, the Ramones, Blondie, and more!

5 Likes

Cool bathroom :rofl:

“Do you have the required amount of flair?”

My $9 pack of stickers arrived from Amazon

5 Likes

Nice placement of the Kraftwerk sticker!

1 Like

I’m the operator of my pocket calculator

1 Like

Great music!

WOW my arms hurt from all the cutting :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

OMG OMG OMG THAT CAME OUT Awesomely

2 Likes

It looks awesome, but… did you do a final cut/score in the glowforge after you put the stickers on? Kinda looks like it, hopefully not… just a reminder that vinyl decals contain PVC and should not be lasered. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

they are pvc, I masked them, and laser scored them, did no cutting, that was all done with a razor blade… a lot more work, but GADDAM so worth it!!!

A score is just a low-power cut. I wouldn’t do that again if you dodged a bullet this time & your machine is okay.

2 Likes

Not really dodged a bullet, I had a full cleaning planned and this was the last project before the cleaning, so any particles of PVC would be on top of the layer of carbon and dirt covering everything, so my full cleaning removed all traces (if there was even any traces to begin with) – also it was scoring thin pvc, not cutting sheets of it, so the contamination was minimal.

It’s not particles of PVC you need to concerned about - it’s the hydrochloric acid that forms when the chlorine vapors combine with the air in the GF and deposit on the surfaces.

But if you don’t get any circuit board corrosion then that might be a good reason not to be overly zealous in cleaning :blush:

3 Likes

2 Likes

and THIS is DONE!!

1 Like

cdc

“?”

Jonathan

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.