Guitar #5 - Axecaliber

This probably will be the most time intensive project I have ever attempted.
9 hours to burn the base picture, then a few days hand coloring it.

13 Likes

Can’t wait to see the finished product!

2 Likes

Cant wait to see finish it is beautiful

1 Like

The engrave turned out great!

1 Like

And yet my OCD self is not happy, the dragon’s head needs to be shifted left 1/2"

2 Likes

I have never seen a nine-hour engrave! I love that picture! Perhaps if you moved the whole picture over and down some the dragon would fret less :grin:

5 Likes

[Groan]

1 Like

After seeing the post about this ingrave I was going to ask what it was for. Glad I kept scrolling! Love your work!

AND PROGRESS IS MADE!!! (happy dance)

3 Likes

and even MORE PROGRESS IS MADE!!

(the pick guard is just a color printout, I am awaiting the material to make a proper pick guard) still need to stain and more work . . .

2 Likes

For future reference on layout questions

1. Do a mock-up in your graphics program - lay the art in a few different places to see if you like it.
  2. Run an engrave where your entire project is only an inch or two tall - it’ll turn that 9 hour engrave into just a few minutes and you’ll see where everything ends up.

Like THIS?

1 Like

ALSO coming TOGETHER!!!

Originally I was going to do the fret with scales, (as my concept shows) but I decided that was too OTT

1 Like

I have heard dragons were very good with scales :grin: I hear they make a great pict guard.

1 Like

And this one is ALMOST done… just a few more things . . . .

1 Like

The castle/town in the center hole us an excellent addition.

1 Like

yea, I made it stark looking, here is a picture of the details everyone (but OCD ME) will miss, the ‘strings’ are charred and blackened

1 Like

(still waiting on the fire pick guard, but) DONE:

1 Like

Nice burnt effect on the bridge!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.