Guitar Hanger

I love this machine. Just sayin. Made this guitar hanger for my lady. Two layers of basswood and faced with maple. Felt covered arms. Countersunk screw holes. Came out pretty nice!

42 Likes

Fabulous!! I might have to make something similar so that hubby can take out his guitar from it’s bag. Maybe if it is hanging on the wall he will play it more!

3 Likes

That is definitely one of the reasons i made it! Its a benefit for us both! Haha.

1 Like

Nice. I have a Fender that I bought 43 years ago with the grass cutting money that I made in my first paying jobs. Spent my sophomore year in high school learning. Sure with I had internet and free tabs to learn. Was painstaking listening to the record player and putting the need back, over and over. Too poor to afford books. Still sounds good but the action has always been to high, no matter how much I have tweaked the neck.

4 Likes

Very attractive finish!

1 Like

Looks good. Can’t see how the hook attaches to the base plate. Tabs with glue?
Once saw a instrument hook come off the wall with a $7000 guitar on it. My banjos weigh about 3 times as much as a guitar, so it’s always a concern for me.

2 Likes

Tabs with glue, yes. I gave it a pretty solid pull test after i finished it. HOPEFULLY it holdsup!

2 Likes

I lowered the bridge on mine a while back and it was actually quite easy. I was hesitant to do it for a long time but finally mustered up the courage and just went for it.

3 Likes

Really Great design! Love the pick as the back of the hanger!

2 Likes

Thank you! I thought it was a nice design point haha

1 Like

Uh oh, fellow banjo picker and GF owners. :slight_smile: I think my Huber weighs in at 11+ lbs, my Nechville slightly less.

Ah, the darkside (Scruggs Style). I exclusively play oldtime clawhammer banjo (without resonator).

Hahaa! I love the darkside, but have a fondness for old time. If only there were more time in the day to learn all the things…

1 Like