Guitar pick guard

I’ve been working with my grandson Andrew to make a custom pick guard for his Les Paul guitar. He drew the rose he wanted on it and we added the name Lucinda Rose, which is the title of one of the songs he wrote and sings. His dad, a mechanical engineer, measured for and designed the guard and sent me the file, I added Andrew’s artwork. Had to do lots of testing to make sure it was going to fit, then I cut and engraved it in the GF, using PG med. black acrylic. Andrew spray painted over the engraving with the masking still intact. After it was dry, we peeled the masking off, polished up the acrylic and he installed it on the guitar.

We’re quite pleased with the outcome.

35 Likes

that’s nice!

my only suggestion would be to consider black screw heads so they don’t stand out as much on the black acrylic.

10 Likes

Ya…I suggested that, too…but, there may be other iterations in the future, so our finesse will evolve. His artwork was really not the best either, but he’s only 16 and it was important to him that he use his own drawing. It was a fun project.

10 Likes

Beautiful! Glad that he could “make it bespoke” with his own art! :sunglasses: :guitar:

7 Likes

As a musician and a mom of teen boys, I absolutely love this! :star_struck: Especially the fact that that he drew his own artwork for it, & that it was a multi-generational collaboration. :heart: Well done!

8 Likes

Nice!

4 Likes

Getting to work on a meaningful project with your grandson…priceless! I love this.

8 Likes

This is wonderful, Andrew’s art is really good and I can feel the emotion coming through it even though I’ve never heard the song!

4 Likes

Spectacular grandma/grandson collaboration! You both rock!

6 Likes

TERRIFIC! Great work on that! Love that it is a family affair! Those are the best projects!

5 Likes

Lovely! I love that it his artwork.

3 Likes

That is truly beautiful. I love that it’s his artwork as well. So special!

3 Likes

Now that’s a custom guitar! Lovely job.

3 Likes

Wonderful! As grandparents, we have yet another way to connect with our precious grandchildren.

4 Likes

Some grandmas might bake, but the really awesome ones LASER!

There has to be a great t-shirt graphic someone can come up for this…

3 Likes

Love it, I wanna do that for mine now

1 Like