Gumball Machine and Pikachu (Valentine's Day Boxes 2023)

There is a plastic jar that is very standard which all sorts of things are sold so you could buy the jars or the products and use the products first and then use the jar.

4 Likes

My wife said she was going to take the gumball machine and keep it on her desk at work. My daughter said, “But it is mine!”

I just laughed. I will let them determine what happens with it now.

I probably do need to make at least one more…

8 Likes

Wow! Is that the first GF gum-ball machine? That is cool!

4 Likes

I would be surprised if it was first. I thought I heard of someone else doing one once.

Yep, here is one from 2015:

3 Likes

Awesome!!!

4 Likes

These are great! Those are some very lucky kids.

3 Likes

This idea of a mini gumball machine using a mason jar might work.

I will attempt to address some issues experienced with the original. Sometimes the gumballs get into a position where they won’t fall into the holes, so I am adding an “agitator” to keep the balls moving until they fall in.

If I can get this working, I will try to create detailed instructions and submit it to the catalog.

7 Likes

I found these small 10oz mason jars.

So I am going to try this out with these.

@ellencadwell I may have you test it out for me also, once I get some instructions and have finalized a few details. :wink:

4 Likes

For future reference - and if you ave them locally - Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Joann carry a variety. Also the canning section in Wally and the like…

4 Likes

Good to know! I will probably try out a variety of them.

I also noticed that these gumballs are about the size of the marbles for my marble machine, so maybe it could eventually evolve into a gumball-run dispenser…

5 Likes

Hehe… how about with a geared/clockwork feed mechanism? :grinning:

5 Likes

Of course! I thought that was obvious… :wink:

6 Likes

I love the 3d rendition, what software do you design in?

3 Likes

You bet! I’d love to test this for you. I can even give you references for others I’ve tested for and they can let you know how I do. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is from TinkerCad.com

I love to use it to virtually assemble my projects before I cut them. I found a point where my ramp was digging into the catch at the bottom. So I adjusted the shape at the bottom; then when I did cut it, it was perfect and fit nicely!

5 Likes

Do you tinker cad from start to finish?
I need to learn this skill…

3 Likes

No, I design in Inkscape and just virtually test in TinkerCad.

3 Likes

That seems to work better for my brain. Time to tinker.

4 Likes

You could drop one gumball every hour as long as the clock was wound so if you stay working at the desk the gumballs come every hour but not if you do not wind the clock and that only lasts for 10 minutes. With the need to pay attention and be there a lot of homework could get done in between… :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Nice job!! Do you know how to get Pikachu on a bus? (you Pokemon) :rofl:

5 Likes