Had enough! CANCELLATION!

Incredibly disappointed! The fact that delivery is yet again delayed has finally pushed me over the edge. My trust in you is completely gone and I have had to make the heartbreaking decision to cancel my Glowforge order. I would encourage everyone who has been waiting in this line with me for over a year now to do the same. Not simply because of another delayed shipment date, but because Dan and his team apparently don’t have the capability to deliver this product as they have led us to believe they had. Nicely written communications accepting responsibility seemed reasonable initially, but at this point add up to too many failures in execution.

It’s a fair argument and it’s kinda cool that you can get a full refund so nothing lost really.

I for one will be holding out because I want a fancy laser cutter with nice features and if I do decide to sell it on, it’ll be worth more than I paid for it :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Hello @chad_smith,

For cancelling, please go here. I understand that GF does not process cancellations through the forum.

I’m still in. For me, it is worth the wait.

12 Likes

We shall see, I requested my refund first thing this morning after reading the notification email. I will keep you all posted.

1 Like

No need to “keep us posted” you will get your refund. Good luck in what ever machine you decide on. Hope it all works out for you.

23 Likes

It doesn’t matter since cancellations get their accounts blocked (unless they repurchase), heh.

Unfortunatly, the cancellation on forum accounts is done by hand so with all the other stuff going on, I doubt that will be a priority right now. :unamused:

Interesting that you used that reference…if you actually participated in the forums instead of just using it to post a very opinionated emotional statement, you would see that I and most frequent posters are far from that. We are a community that has been supporting, sharing and enjoying our time here.
Many of us have made great friendships as well.
We are not the Glowforge company so coming on here and announcing your disappointment is understandable but making judgement calls on someone you dont know [quote=“chad_smith, post:1, topic:3669”]
Dan and his team apparently don’t have the capability to deliver this product as they have led us to believe they had.
[/quote]
Or encouraging others to follow you based on your opinions isnt really appropriate here. [quote=“chad_smith, post:1, topic:3669”]
I would encourage everyone who has been waiting in this line with me for over a year now to do the same
[/quote]

Or venting about not trusting us (again we are not Glowforge…)
You might read the definition of internet troll…here, I posted it for your convenience.

Definition of internet troll:
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll’s amusement

If, however, you decide to continue with Glowforge, you might consider joining in the community.

20 Likes

I dare say @smcgathyfay is pretty far from a troll on these forums. In point of fact probably one of the top 5 contributors in time and knowledge alone on these forums. You’re really missing out if you haven’t read through the forums to see what’s there. I reccomend it especially if you end up with any laser.

9 Likes

I dont know…the new colorful trolls are kind of cute. :smile:

26 Likes