Had fun today

My husband and I have gotten hooked on Lego sets, and just bought their “Orient Express” train. Well the only place it would fit was on the “fireplace” we had our tv sitting on, but the train sits too high. So we had to go buy a wall hanger for the tv to move it up higher. That all worked out really well. It also gave us a good place to put an old wooden bird carving that we inherited from Marc’s parents. But it made the other side look empty.

Well it just so happens that I had a windmill I’d made about 2 years ago after I first got my GF. We decided it was the perfect thing to go behind the train. And although it may not go with the “Orient Express,” it works for us because of our little farm. :slight_smile: So together we redid the stand for the windmill, and I used the GFUI to make a couple cows and some “grass”, plus made the stand out of green acrylic. I figured they kinda went with the characters in the Lego set.

It doesn’t take much to amuse us old folk, and we’re extremely happy with it. Plus it was fun having my husband help design the shapes of the green acrylic and placement of everything.

41 Likes

Wow, that’s wonderful! Did you make all the little peeps, too? (You can tell I know knada about Legos.) ((Yes, that’s a punny mis-spelling.))

10 Likes

Thanks! No, the peeps came with the Lego set. I only did all the stuff for the windmill.

11 Likes

That turned out really nice!

7 Likes

Thanks!

5 Likes

Fantastic!

2 Likes

Oh gosh, that is so cute! And the scale of the windmill is perfect for the train.

2 Likes