Halloween made on a glowforge

Working on my Halloween costume.

This is what I have so far. The hat was too big to fit in the glowforge so I made it by hand. Still alot of work on the hat but I did make this hat stretcher on the gf today.! First draft Recycling at it’s best… IMG_20180925_152100|666x500 IMG_20180925_152100

43 Likes

Nice plague doctor’s mask & hat! Hope you plan a few slots in the “beak” for good ventilation (since not worried about bad vapours in this day & age)… Are you going to get fine black fabric or mesh to cover the eyes? Copper or brass wire mesh is a great option.

2 Likes

Yikes! That’s gonna scare the kids! (Great job!)

1 Like

First thing that I thought of was Spy vs. Spy.

10 Likes

It has vents in the bottom (guess the are well disguised:) ) I am turning brass lenses on the lathe with smoked acrylic attached by eight slotted screws each. I’ll post a picture when it’s done.

4 Likes

Wow! That hat stretcher is amazing!

2 Likes

I dont normally post work that I have done. I just thought that since I did some of the mask on gf I should share.

2 Likes

Thats AWSOME… Didn’t even think of that. Next year!

I can say “made on a gf”.

This is just the beginning. I’ll post pictures when it is done.

1 Like

Thanks. I think I enjoy making one of a kind tools more than the product itself. I have about 3000sqft of “almost useless custom tools” if you need any.

5 Likes

Wow! Such a cool mask! Your hat stretcher is an incredible idea!

2 Likes

Thanks. It worked really well. Just came across a very similar mass produced version. Apparently there is no such thing as a new idea anymore.

3 Likes