Halloween Spirit Face Decorations

Simple is best, so I made these eyes and mouths to paint and tack onto pumpkins as an easy pumpkin decorating method. Whelp, there are no pumpkins around at the moment, but there are plenty of places in my house I can hide random spirit faces :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

Just submitted the file to the GF catalog, fingers crossed that it gets approved before Halloween :joy_cat::sweat_smile::joy_cat:

49 Likes

What a cute idea:-)

10 Likes

Are you sticking them on with tape, or something else? I love these!

10 Likes

These are adorable! I love your paint work!

4 Likes

Love these!

4 Likes

Thank you @mnemosyne and @rvogt!

@ptodd I was attempting a “flickering candle” look, but forgot that the eyes would have just been all orange and no yellow. Still turned out pretty cool though. Gave my spouse a little fright when he opened the cabinet looking for snacks at night :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

@deirdrebeth sticking them on with some strong masking tape, although I considered gluing tacks on the back if I were to stick them into pumpkins!

7 Likes

Cool!

3 Likes

I like the different colors in the eyes! And I am NOT a Halloween fan at all, but this is a great idea you had. I do hope it gets in the catalog before Halloween, as I am sure many would like to have it. I kinda like that you put it on things other than pumpkins - makes it so much more versatile!

3 Likes

Thank you @Aloha and @ellencadwell! I did this as a challenge to myself to make, cut, prep, photo, and submit a catalog design in a week or less. I wanted to do so many more smiles and eyes and different paint (like neon green!), but limited myself so I might actually finish it!

6 Likes

Haha—love the idea! Can’t wait to see it in the catalog.

3 Likes

@cynd11 Thank you! I just got the email that it has been approved :heart_eyes_cat::jack_o_lantern::heart_eyes_cat: Now I get to wait to see when it pops in!

7 Likes

Yay! The faces are now live in the catalog :heart_eyes_cat::jack_o_lantern::heart_eyes_cat:

5 Likes

Free with premium so I’ve got them on the dashboard now. Thank you

3 Likes

Before I knew they were in the catalog, I whipped up a simple ‘face’ of my own. Here it is on one of the spruces:

The fangs are too small, so I’ll turn it the other way and give it a smile.

6 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes