Halloween Village/Train Set

Amazing

3 Likes

What a fabulous project. Iā€™m amazed it took you only 160 hrs. You have such a wonderful imagination and excellent technique. I really liked the ghostbusters building! I bet your nephew loves to play with it non stop.

8 Likes

I was going to post some more of my workā€¦then I saw this. So, Iā€™ll wait. Lol.

7 Likes

wow!!

4 Likes

Share all the art! If only the really high end folks post, then the ones who are just starting feel overwhelmed. They like seeing stuff from folks like me (us?) that they can use to figure out how to do their own versions :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thank you.

Wow, what a doll. :slight_smile: You just canā€™t beat a smile like Addies right!?!?!

This is my Nephew Marcus. Whenever I feel like I donā€™t have what it takes, life is unfair, or people are mean, I think of Marcus. He is the most inspirational man I know and always has a can do/will do attitude. By the age of 25 (now 30) he had accomplished more and contributed more to society then I likely will my entire life. Things like performing live on stage with the Broadway cast of Marry Poppins, authoring an outstanding childrenā€™s book - "Black Day: The Monster Rock Bandā€ (thatā€™s what the stage was based on), graced the cover of a magazine with a Major League Baseball player, spoken in front of the United Nations, and spent a year as a Global Downs Ambassador. I know itā€™s vain of me to brag about him but I do so in hopes that more people will understand what you likely already know. And that is that people with downs are FIRST CLASS citizens deserving of the same rights and privileges as ā€œthe rest of usā€.

I wouldnā€™t be too surprised if you know his mother Mardra (my sister) as she is very active in the Dā€™s community. If you donā€™t know her, and want to connect, here is a link to her website.

Best wishes to you and yours!

23 Likes

Oh my goodness! How absolutely COOL is THAT?!?!?!? The attention to detail is GREAT! And I LOVE the effect you achieved with the acrylic in making the water fountain.

ā€¦ and it sounds like Marcus has accomplished more than a LOT of us will ever do in our lifetime! Congratulations to him in all he has been able to do. I can see why you are so proud of him.

7 Likes

Ohhh yes! I donā€™t know her personally but I have the book that she and Jen Jacobs wrote together. :heart: Iā€™ve been connected with DSDN since around September 2015, when my daughter was a few months old. And several years ago I read her book of short stories (ā€œThe Future and Other Twists,ā€ I didnā€™t remember that off the top of my head, had to look at my Kindle books hahaha). This is so cool! This feels like one of those degrees-of-Kevin-Bacon moments! :rofl:

If everyone in the world had Ds, the world would be an amazing place.

This village just is amazing! I love all the puns and the terrific detail (and the Ghostbusters, oh my son will love that!). Itā€™s incredible!

5 Likes

And just for the record, I would never think anyone is vain for bragging about someone in this way.
Iā€™m super proud of my amazing girl and all of the lives she has touched. Sheā€™s the best person I know in the entire world. :wink: :heart:

Now if we can just conquer the challenge of full inclusion and acceptance, then I can rest someday. Even if I only change one person at a time, I will never stop advocating for my girl and other people with Down syndrome. Look at everything Marcus has achieved! More than most people ever, let alone most people his age. It would be a dream to see where no person gets on the news for doing something kind for/with someone with a disability because it would just be an everyday occurrence that is expected to happen.

7 Likes

maccastro777, I agree with deirdrebeth 1000% Post it all!!!

I work with artists on a daly bases and none of them have ever told me their work was perfect - even the ones who have over $100,000 a year in sales! Personally I can look at each one of the pics I shared and tell you ten things ā€œwrongā€ with each one. In the past itā€™s been difficult for me to share stuff because of the imperfections I see - honestly it still is. But I share them anyway because I learn a lot threw other peoples eyes. Some people like my stuff and some people say itā€™s crap. In my humble opinion thatā€™s exactly what makes it ā€œartā€. And most of all I make it because good or not, I like the process.

One my favorite quotes (donā€™t know who said it) is, ā€œFollow your idols until you are their competitorsā€.

15 Likes

That is a great quote.

I love this community so much. Thanks for sharing the stories of these amazing humans.

7 Likes

Wowzer!!

4 Likes

Wow, this is beyond awesome!

9 Likes

Seriouslyā€¦ if we all did that then there would only be projects that took like 6 months to make ROFL!!!
SHARE!! None of the things Iā€™ve made even come close to this amount of work and talent and skill. But we all have the things we are good at, and that we love making. Itā€™s not about comparison (which is the thief of joy, remember!). I think we all build each other up.

8 Likes

Addie and Markus are rocking that extra chromosome!

Made me think of the song ā€œImagineā€ā€¦ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Lyrics to another song; Everybodyā€™s got a reason to be happy, but not everybody knows how".
Ds seems to let them see all the reasons.

The artist is always the most critical of their work. :expressionless:
I see the imperfections (a signature of my work) as a sign of hand-made, something mass-produced doesnā€™t, and canā€™t carry that personal touch.

Take it from the feedback you got here, your work is great!

8 Likes

Not much I can add, but Iā€™ll add it anyway. Great stuff, the details are amazing!

8 Likes

This is one of the favorite things Iā€™ve seen. Wonderful.

7 Likes

This is astoundingly good, how did you get all this amazing work done in ONLY 160 hours?! :astonished: I love everything about this but especially the Ghostbusters HQ and all the expressions on the buildings :slight_smile:

10 Likes

This is probably my favorite GF creation to date. Wow. Speechless.

9 Likes

This is amazing! Your nephew is blessed to have you in his life.

7 Likes