Halloween Village/Train Set

Truly amazing! Truly inspirational on many fronts! A wonderful project for a wonderful person from a wonderful person and the community benefits by your story! Laser on man!

10 Likes

Fabulous!! Love the detail and the whimsy throughout, great project.

4 Likes

This is so awesome! Beyond awesome.

5 Likes

It’s all been said already, but this is amazing. If only everyone had an uncle (or aunt or ANY adult) who cared as much about them as you obviously do your nephew!

7 Likes

That is one of the coolest train sets I’ve seen. Job well done

5 Likes

Just AMAZING, I do HO and you are an inspiration!!!

4 Likes

Thank you dbalindsey! The whole reason I got the laser was to make models for my HO set. I’ll have to share those sometime soon. Do you use it for models as well? I can’t seem to find any HO Scale stuff on the forums here.

There are a few! :slight_smile: I searched for “HO scale” and first post

1 Like

What a wonderful post! Thank you for brightening our world!!

Such incredible work!

6 Likes

Wonderful and epic project. Great story. Love, family, inspiration, making the best out of the challenges. This is one of the top five Glowforge projects.

6 Likes

I do Christmas for family and friends, models for my HO layout(under construction) I have a 3 different 3D Printers (MAKERBOX Replicator X2, a FORM 1 and a UNIZ)
the MakerBot for fixtures and hidden things, the resin for detail things.

I have not turned pro, may never. I retired at 70 and do not need any of the headaches that seem to bother so many.

3 Likes

According to a PBS documentary from the late 80s or early 90s there is a quick way to know if a person you just meet is intelligent. It has to do with how they say your name after you tell them.

For example if a man introduces himself as Robert and you call him Bob—you an idiot or he might say his name is Theodore and you say Ted—- and again you are an idiot if you do not say Theodore.

If a woman tells you her name is Betty Boop Boop— and you say only Betty—- you are an idiot.

This name thing also applies to an animal companion’s name.

A few years back, we were out with JImmy Wayne Westie and a beyond precious Down syndrome child about 10 years of age wanted to pet Jimmy Wayne Westie. The little girl was with her parents. As this adorable child started to gently touch him— she asked me “What is his name?” After I told the little girl she said “Hi, Jimmy Wayne Westie— my name is Libby.”

Immediately her father said “Libby, the dog’s name is Jimmy Wayne not Jimmy Wayne Westie!” Libby instantly replied “NO DADDY —YOUR WRONG!”

I burst out laughing, looked at the father and said “Daddy, you are wrong and Libby is extremely intelligent. His name is Jimmy Wayne Westie!!!”

6 Likes

Converting someone they have just met’s name to the diminutive is a thing a lot of people, especially men, especially sales people, do deliberately with the intent of creating a false sense of familiarity and/or establishing a power dynamic. I have a slightly different descriptor in mind than “idiot.”

5 Likes

Speechless. This is amazing.

1 Like

This is spectacular!

1 Like

I always love seeing your creations

2 Likes

@JimmyWayneWestie message me!! Send me a text! Cant find your number!

1 Like

Just amazing!!

1 Like

This is awesome! Kudos on the details. Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year

1 Like

Hey sweetness! I will message you right now!