Hand-Drawn Goodness

Even before my Glowforge arrived, my 7 year old boy knew the first project he wanted to do on the laser, once I explained everything it was capable of.

His 2nd grade teacher loves hedgehogs and he wanted to draw her one. Well, I think he did a great job!

Then, 5 year old daughter got the idea to draw a flower for her teacher. She chose a variation of a daisy that we saw online as a reference, and drew it on a piece of paper. Then, I traced it and cut it out of proofgrade medium draftboard:

I should have told her to make the stem a little thicker, as it is quite thin. But I love how it turned out! I’m amazed at how fast you can go from an idea to drawing to actual item!

42 Likes

Seven and five? I can see careers as artists ahead for those two! :grinning:
(And hey…hedgie.) :smile:

8 Likes

Yeah, they really are good at art and ask to draw and color all of the time. And I thought you might like the hedgie!

5 Likes

It really is awesome! Never has it been easier to make an idea manifest. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Anything done with children is such a fun time. I’m sure they were thrilled with the outcome!

2 Likes

Well done, artwork, execution, idea, involvement, everything!

1 Like

Thanks so much! I really want to involved them when possible. The funny thing is they both like watching the timer on the print count down about as much as the actual laser.

1 Like

Awwwwww, those are adorable! Make’em into fridge magnets!

1 Like

They’re both wonderful, but I especially love the grin on that daisy! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love that too! My daughter was upset because she said it looked too much like a boy. ha ha

1 Like

The teachers name wouldn’t happen to be Ms. Hedgeh, would it?

14 Likes

ha ha…no, but that would have been perfect!