Handbag and Cup Holder

After receiving my Glowforge, the 1st task was to make something for my wife. This was to distract her from how much I spent on the new ‘toy’.
I don’t remember what site I downloaded the files from. But they were both in pdf format and used Inkscape to convert them to SVG files.
The first was a handbag from the medium Basswood.
Then the cup holder from medium draftboard. Unfortunately, the cup holder only holds small dixie cups, like what you may get from a coffee dispensing machine.
Purse Cup Holder

32 Likes

For future reference, the GF works with PDF as well as SVG.

4 Likes

Nicely done.

3 Likes

well… Did it work?

Well done by the way.

2 Likes

It worked too well!

Now she’s brainstorming all sorts of ideas for things she wants me to make.
As a side note: she wasn’t like this when I bought my 3D printers or when I designed and built my 3 axis wood router.

8 Likes

Be sure and use that as a excuse to buy lots of material, so you can have it on hand for when she wants something. Besides you are just doing so she doesn’t have to wait.

2 Likes

Well played! Bet she loves that purse!

1 Like

because you didn’t make anything cutesy with those other toys. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And here I was looking for something to hold handbags and cups :smirk: perhaps you could design a handbag with a built-in cup holder? If you start with the cups and measure the diameters, you can make it hold the cups you want :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

:+1: I believe you’re right!

As a husband/father with a GF and woodworking and metalworking capabilities, I get Honey/Daddy can you make this… frequently

on tap for this winter… an Hibachi griddle/bar combo :slight_smile:
end tables for the basement,
new backsplash and glass shelves by the bar.
oh and a new epoxy top for daughter double prime’s desk. :slight_smile:
busy boy over here.

4 Likes

I dropped off two creations for my daughter earlier, and have another request already!

1 Like

Nice job! The GF can get everyone in the family excited! Nothing like getting everyone involved!

2 Likes

Nice job making her feel like it was a good purchase. Maybe your best ever! You will make things for others more than yourself.

1 Like

99% of the time I make stuff for others! Something which I enjoy very much…

1 Like

I think making a project … my joy comes from how thrilled someone will be when they get it.

1 Like

That’s why I keep trying new techniques and projects too!

I’ve already made engraved floral and ivy style monogram letters with the families last names across the center on 4x4 inch tile coasters for several friends and family for the upcoming holidays.
As part of a collection of gifts for a sponsored family for the holidays, I cutout 8x16 inch wooden letters with the names of the children engraved on them. My wife included stickers and ribbons for the children to decorate the letters themselves.
Then I decided to make the ‘word snowflakes’ in acrylic for their parents using the children’s names as the off shoots.3 Js Flake Large Flake Small

4 Likes