Handy adhesives chart from Make

This is kind of handy for folks making things on the GF that needs gluing… On Make’s site today.

38 Likes

Excellent.
I think somebody posted this the other day, too.
But, hey, it’s useful enough to have multiple times. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“Two-component adhesive”? I’m assuming that’s epoxy. Weird that it’s recommended to glue leather to felt.

1 Like

If you’ve a handy internet rectangle. I reccommend This to that Its a little more comprehensive.

6 Likes

They missed “Skin.” Of course, the correct adhesive in all cases is CA… DAMHIK. :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Thank You, This will be very helpful.

paper, plastic, foam, these are pretty broad categories…

As my wife the surgeon says surgical cyanoacrylate makes everyone look like a plastic surgeon. And with enough gel foam you can rebuild the body! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

My daughter as the finger model for skin bonding.

9 Likes

Are there no other rubber glue fans? Who doesn’t like to cover your hand with it then after drying, roll it up into a bouncy ball !

2 Likes

Speaking as someone who, in one incident, glued her hand to the CA glue tube, her fingers to each other, her fingers to her hair, and the legs of her pants together… yeah.

4 Likes

I believe that’s “leather.” :smiley:

1 Like

Ha! Yep! Last weekend we were working with some CA. The question that came up was “Daddy, so how do you get this stuff off of your fingers?” I chuckled with a welcoming pride as if to indicate “My son is now a man.” Figured I’d be completely honest with my 9-year old… “Well, to be honest with you, and don’t tell Mommy, but I usually just kind of use my teeth to get it off. Otherwise it’ll eventually come off from washing it, but it can take days.” He said “Yeah… I was already trying my teeth but couldn’t quite get it.” Hours later he said “I finally got it off.” :slight_smile:

5 Likes
3 Likes