Hanging Air Plant holders for my wife!

“Honey,” she said, “I want to hang air plants in our window”

“TO THE GLOWFORGE!” I shouted.

And here they are!

I drew the geography in Inkscape with 10 mm strokes, and then converted the strokes to path so that they were more modifiable.

The two horizontal pieces are the same size in all of them and they served as a basic measuring tool to make sure I had the right sizes to match the others.

You can see the round one is a bit unbalanced, but that’s ok for now :smiley:

50 Likes

Those really look nice. Great job.

4 Likes

That is pretty cool! I like your designs.

4 Likes

Your designs are perfect for this!

2 Likes

Indeed! To the Glowforge! Well done!

Welcome to the forum … looking forward to your future projects.

2 Likes

Great design and very well told story!

2 Likes

Just ran across this post in a search. What thickness is this and are they sealed to be able to mist the air plant? I had someone asking for them and wanted to figure out how to make them last. Thanks! I just love these.

1 Like

This person has not been around the forum for a couple of years. This looks like 1/8" material to me.

1 Like

ok thank you. Thats what I had cut mine with too. Any idea about sealing them?

They are not sealed, no, but a clear sealer would probably work?
I used 3.18mm plywood

2 Likes

Thank you! Are they watered off of the hanger? I was just concerned about them warping.

Welcome back!

1 Like

:+1:

They haven’t warped yet!
You could also make them out of acrylic, too!

2 Likes

They would add a lot to my window in acrylic. However I’d probably use faux plants - I kill everything, even air plants.

3 Likes

Yes, I was thinking the acrylic would be nice too, but my friend liked the wood. I am throwing some extra clear on it and hoping for the best.

1 Like

I agree. I think thats what I am going to do as well.

It is!

1 Like

I love these but can’t figure out how to download it so I can use the file.

Welcome to the forum.

This section of the forum is for sharing projects and information about the process of making something, but not the files. I believe there are some similar files available in the Glowforge catalog. You might also look through the Free Laser Files section of the forum.

2 Likes