Hanging Around

I suggest a fisherman version, incorporating the counterweight shaft as the fishing line.

9 Likes

The counterweight has to rise as the fisherman tilts from vertical, so that might be a problem.

1 Like

They’re absolutely wonderful! And I agree with all the comments as to how nicely your wife & your skills combine :slight_smile:

I’m also rather tickled by the notion that such whimsical, folksy work was created with such a high tech device. (and FTR, “whimsical and folksy” are intended as positive descriptors)

7 Likes

The fisherman pulls and then the fish pulls,
and then the fisherman pulls…

just a quick thought about incorporating the mechanism into the design.

5 Likes

I think you have some real winners there, very nice work!
I agree with @Drea, it is cool to see you fall into this spot where the regional craft history collides with high tech. I think the craft wins, it almost doesn’t matter how you made them, just that they are wonderful.

11 Likes

When I first saw this design, I was thinking the same thing. I’ve got something like this that my grandmother made years ago. The fisherman is a cloths pen painted to look like a person, the fishing line is a wire coat hanger and the weight is a piece of aluminum cut in the shape of a fish. I’ve had this thing for more than 40 years. Every time I see it I think of her and all of the crafty thing she made.

5 Likes

these look awesome, some large amount of patience with all that painting

1 Like

I am absolutely loving these!

How amazing! So cool @rpegg :slight_smile: Quite the creative mind. What do you use for inspiration?!

Kinda weird. Was just playing around with the Glowforge not trying to make anything to sell and now I’ve got several of the local Co-ops asking for them. Delivered nine this morning with a couple new designs in the works.

13 Likes

I’ve seen these type of things before and they facinated me. The banjo one was something I had seen before. The camper was just a random thought of mine and had a request for anything with a mandolin.

7 Likes

That is amazing! I guess you can scratch Walmart Greeter off your post retirement job list. Looks like you have a new career!

12 Likes

A new idea for one of these “hangers” !!! :grinning:

6 Likes

Love it! Little old guy with a big grin and a friendly waving hand!

3 Likes

And the blue vest…

4 Likes

That’s one thing I miss about the mountain people in N.C./ VA. The waiving hand. :sunglasses:
Parents had a farm in Low Gap, near the state line. Go to leave after a visit with a neighbor, and the standard reply is ‘Well, Y’all stay with us’. = C’ya, here in Colo.

5 Likes

You asked for a dog. Bad lighting and out of focus, but you can get the idea.

34 Likes

AWESOME! :grin:

I wanna buy that dog file. My folks would love it.
(Can you make a Havanese? Peeing on the floor?)

14 Likes

The MDF would swell.

11 Likes

These are truly spectacular!!

5 Likes